Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone!

This can be a really hard time to stay sober. It’s a challenge that a lot of people in recovery are facing. You’ll be at a family gathering, and depending on how your family does it, there probably will be alcohol around.

If you feel confident enough, you can tell your family about your problem. They’ll hopefully understand and try and be helpful about it. If you’re not ready to open up to everyone, prepare yourself for the strong temptation. Prepare a few answers for when someone offers you a drink.Go stand outside and get some fresh air. Leave early if it means you stay sober.

It’s going to be tough, but it’s going to be worth it.

Good luck!

11 Likes

Thanks for these great words of advice@robin merry Christmas to everyone!

1 Like

Im lucky in that I can be ok at these times, its when I am alone with my guard down that’s the worry. Have a lovely Christmas everyone.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas my fellow musketeers, I’m so enjoying being sober, being able to remember everything and not messing up all the bits for the kids last night. Can’t wait to stuff my face with sprouts!

5 Likes

Merry christmas to all :santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

:ribbon: Merry Christmas everyone :ribbon:
Thank you all for being so supportive of one another.

Merry Christmas everyone! Thank god for this forum, community and AA. Love you all! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Merry Christmas . Me to, nice to be sober x

1 Like