Metal Thread

You might like Cult Of Luna and Ne Obliviscaris, if you haven’t already heard of them.

Listened to a bunch of Cult of Luna way back. I may have heard the other but unsure.

I will plug them into Pandora right now

In fact Eternal kingdom is one of my fave albums. Forgot about them. Many thanks!

You’re welcome. ╰(´︶`)╯ I hadn’t listened to Isis in awhile and your post reminded me of them. Do you like Enslaved? They’re pretty fun to listen to.

Not sure if I’ve given them a listen, have heard of them though. I’ll add that to what staytech recommended.

Isis was my jam for years, pelican and clouds too. Classic stoner metal.

It feels like a brain drill kinda morning.

Listened to quite a bit of Archspire. Necrophagist popped up. Spawn of Possesion(?), good ol Decapitated popped up too. Good recommendation dude

No problem. Welcome to tech death my friend. I’ve never listened to music the same after I discovered it.

I’ve listened to a lot of this before at some point, don’t know if I enjoyed it like I did this time around. Found it monotonous before, sounds a lil sweeter now.

Love to listen to anything Devin Townsend has his fingers in.

Townsend is a beast and very smart. Just as a little tip the best way to listen to tech death is through some kind of audio system other than your phone. The phone doesn’t pick up all the subtle things and undertones.

Oh I know. Nothing sounds good on the phone. I used to be big into car audio, still have my 1000 dollar amp.

I’d like a nice HT set up now that I don’t destroy everything in booze fueled rages.

That’s awesome. I’m a bass player and really started honing my skills when I got clear headed enough to reach out to Jared Smith (bassist for archspire) talked to him and next thing I know I’m taking lessons from one of the best. WTH. Every time I started craving whatever I was going to take to get meth I put aside. I put enough aside to buy some dark glass equipment for my bass. It’s really amazing what sobriety can do.

1 Like

Absolutely, getting out of fantasy land and getting into action.

If I’m an apple, I’m going to be the best apple I can be, I don’t need to try and be an orange anymore.

Yeah!!! That’s an awesome way of putting it.

I never realized how much I had neglected music while drinking. I would listen to the same bands and not really seek out new music - for like a decade lol. Now that I’ve been sober I find myself actively seeking out new bands. I feel like myself again and it’s fucking awesome!

I’ve been getting more into symphonic and orchestral metal lately (which could also be considered extreme metal). There is just something so epic about the inclusion of a full orchestra.

New video from Dimmu! I’ve gotta say I like this one a lot more than Interdimensional Summit. Not that it was bad…just sounded a bit more like power metal than their usual sound.

So plain to see how closed off we were lol. Stopped growing on nearly all aspects when we started drinking full time

Orchestra adds to the fray. Amazing how it can all come together. European metal does a great job of including a lot of the element.

I still love the simple stuff. Bolt Thrower and Slayer type. Technical and core types are among my loves too.

1 Like

Speaking of simple stuff. Have you seen the new(er) GWAR video? It sounds more like hard rock but it’s still an awesome video LMAO. It’ll never be the same without Dave though :cry:.

1 Like

I have not. Gwar is great live though I’ve never really listened to them aside from “go to hell”

I’ll give it a looksie when I get home. 2nd meeting of the day down.

1 Like