Metal Thread

That video has everything you want from a metal video, including Stone Cold Steve Austin shredding lol

been rough but I made it out check out my earlier post i’m back love the origin song by the way great live.

1 Like

Good days and bad days are always better sober. Glad your making it dude.

thanks man how have you been. time to get tech death rolling on this post again lol.

I’m pretty good. Just living the dream. Back into my car audio hobby and sweatin balls installing stuff

thats cool. how do u set the tone on ur eq? personally I boost the mids then adjust my bass slightly and split the difference on the high end.
2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Dethklok, some of my favorite work out music!

1 Like

dethklok is great. I cant believe I may not have posted something by death. a very classic group and a go to when I get writers block lol.

1 Like

Dethklok is soooo metal. Like metal for metal’s sake lol.

My tuning is very simple right now. Just running a 3 way passive crossover with 12db slopes at 550hz, 550-5.5khz and 5.5khz up. My old ass Alpine only has a 5 band parametric eq but I have a newer more capable Pioneer due to arrive any day. As of now I have the 63hz-500hz with a slight bump and leave the rest alone. Next step is to get a full standalone DSP and ditch the xovers. Full control over input gains, 31 bands of eq per driver, time alignment for each driver, can play with xovers and slopes for each driver as well. I’ll use a calibrated mic and REW for a baseline then tinker with the eq to suit my likings. Can’t wait lol like a giddy child.

had to read that twice cuz I started drooling lol. that sounds like a sweet set up your getting. I’m very basic and work with what I’ve got, again very basic, just a simple pioneer that allows to customize my own eq to my liking. bump the bass a little boost the midrange cuz thats the level the ear actually hears the most of and split the difference in my hi end so thinks dont get lost in the mix. a little different prospective, but it works for me. even set my bass rig about the same.

1 Like

I hear ya. I went with 3 ways this time, having a dedicated 3" mid makes a huge difference in the snap and clarity. By far the best system Ive compiled yet. I’ve been working on the install too, $500 speakers can sound like $5 speakers when not mounted correctly. Heavy doors lots of butyl based deadener, layered with vinyl, mounted on rings(cutting boards from Walmart lol) with butyl rope under and around the ring.

Can’t wait to get the actual DSP, gonna be sitting in the carport with the computer for hours lol

I understand that I spent 3 hours or better trying to perfect my bass sound and its still not 100% where I want it I’m looking into getting a darkglass b7k ultra or the alpha omega ultra. both crazy expensive as far as bass petals are concerned but very good sounds. any way hit me up tomorrow im on vacation all week. dont be afraid to private or direct message or what ever they call it on here.

2 Likes

The art of sound is an expensive habit lol. Much more affordable sober.

Alright man, have a safe night

Sound is so expensive.

I wish I could say a cheaper cello sounds as good as an expensive one–but oh the difference is night and day and the feeling is like comparing burlap to silk.

Absolutely night and day. A lot can be done to make something cheap sound better, but it’s like lead and gold. When you start with gold, it’s easier to work with, not corrosive and looks nicer lol

morning all
2 Likes

you play cello thats awesome I did an arrangement of Bach’s prelude to suite no1 for six string bass in g major. was a pretty good undertaking.

1 Like

not even close to metal but an artist is an artist

2 Likes