Metal Thread

The whole album hasn’t disappointed me yet so very worth the listen

I cant stand 2 handed tapping which is why I felt dirty. You can tap eruption on a bass haha! Sound a bit funny but why not?!

Funny thing is I play 6 string bass lol and I do a bit of tapping on it.

Don’t know if this is metal, but I’m listening to my old music now. I was in my twenties, so about 20 yrs ago. Just realised that at that time, I didn’t drank any alcohol at all! Smoked a lot of weed, ate spacecake, short time did some speed or MDMA, but no alcohol.

3 Likes

I lucked out and scored a Metallica ticket for tonight’s show. It’s been 22 years since I’ve seen them!!!

6 Likes

Do those happen to be original Sabbath albums?

Sadly, no.

Paranoid is a repress from 1978. Self-titled and Master Of Reality are 2010 reissues.

My copy of Blizzard Of Ozz is original, though.

My dad’s copy of paranoid is original. When I was in a second hand shop I noticed it’s going for £150. I’ve already said I’m getting his record collection :smile:
Annoying thing is when my mum died I went through her collection. She had the first 4 Beatles album, original press. But they were all damp and damaged. I knew what she had, but just didn’t realise how she was storing them.

1 Like

Sounds about right! The few times I have seen an original Paranoid out “in the wild”, its always been about $175…and thats for copies showing some solid wear and tear. Good condition $200+.

Shame about the Beatles records, I’ve had that happen to me before. One of my most prized albums is my copy of Abbey Road, which my Mom bought the day it was released in 1969. It had sat in my grandmothers cellar for decades. Thankfully it remained undamaged! Can’t say the same for some of the others I got from there.

1 Like

Probs my favourite Quicksand song. Haven’t listened to them in ages. Thanks for the reminder👍

1 Like

Master is my favorite. So i had to know if it was. Figured it wasnt

I have a 45 of Come Together . Pretty good shape. No sleeve however. Still one of my favorite possessions. Not a big Beatles fan but, i always loved that song.

1 Like

Same here.

Looking on discogs, I could get an original MOR in good shape for ~$75, so that might be a future purchase

1 Like

To me, thats worth 75. Like i said my favorite album. I thought that was some of Tony’s best work

1 Like

Absolutely. Same goes for the rhythm section, Geezer and Bill were firing on all cylinders

The song, “When a Demon Defiles a Witch” by Whitechapel has to be one of my favorite metal songs I’ve heard recently.

The video is STUNNING but not appropriate for me to post on here because it has very triggering imagery. Nevertheless, I would suggest that if you are someone that is not easily triggered for you to check it out but proceed with caution.

\m/

Unfortunately kinda how I’m feeling today.

FB_IMG_1552252029591

Awesome weekend. Slayer, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Thy art is murder and heaps more. Got through it sober. Last time will see Slayer and got to see them sober once.

7 Likes

You raise a good question - What performances would you love to see?

Mine would be:

Slash - The Great Pretender
Tina Turner - Private Dancer
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
Alannis Morisette - Beginning to end unplugged of Jagged Little Pill
Motley Crue - Kickstart my Heart
Steve Vai and Orianthi - Highly Strung
Tool - Schism
APC - Rose
Jordan Rudess - Moonlight Sonata
System of a Down - Toxicity
Gackt - Lust for Blood