Meth addiction

Is anyone else battling meth addiction

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! I believe there are many people on here who have battled meth or are currently. Your message was only sent to the moderators (I am one…hi there!!). I can make your question a public topic if you would like. You would likely get some positive responses from others. :heart:

2 Likes

Yes that would be great

2 Likes

Welcome! I am not currently struggling with meth addiction but years ago I did. Havent touched it since :slight_smile: if theres anything I can help with or answer, I can do my best to help.

4 Likes

Yes, I have kicked a number of addictions in the past on my own but meth has got me reaching out for help.

This is my 9th time trying to get clean off meth. Each time I find it pretty easy to start with and manage to get to around the 6 weeks mark when I start getting a bit manic, and unable to focus, and at the 2 months mark my lack of focus gets me really down and nothing interests me anymore… so i get high… my cycle…

Any tips on getting past this 2 month hump would be great, it’s getting pretty frustrating.

1 Like

This last time around yes, I joined a 12 steps, but it was online due to covid, and it felt really weird with 40 people on my screen, so I stopped going, it actually made me feel worse and quite anxious.

But that is the first program i’ve tried. I did have some 1 on 1 therapy and maybe it helped go through some thoughts in my head but not enough.

I hope that they start local meetings face to face again soon (altho it would be cocaine anonymous as there’s no CMA near me). I do plan on going to them when they start again. I feel a sponsor would be helpful.

I thought maybe i’d have more in common at CMA or at least CAA.

1 Like

Yes and it is super difficult. But it is overcomable. One day at a time.

1 Like

thank you, I will try them till i get confidence to talk in them or till they (any meeting) starts in my area.

1 Like

Yes I am. Back to day one after 160 days clean. It’s tough. But feels better knowing I’m not the only one.

You made it to 160 days so you can do it again,were you working a recovery programme of any description? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m struggling with meth addiction I’ve gotten clean twice first time was through a treatment facility and Oxford house and for 9½ months the second time i spent 45 days in jail and went 8 months and had a thought I could do it once and be done but I was wrong and now I’m having trouble getting back on track I’ve went 5 days 3 days and then back at it I want to be done I want my family and if I keep it up I will loose them

1 Like

Yes I was haven’t touched it in 6 months but I was high for 5 years straight never thought I could kick it but I did!

1 Like