Methadone withdrawal advice

I’m struggling with physical withdrawals from my methadone reduction and I was wondering if anyone had any remedies or advice
I’m down to 20mg from 85.
I really want to be off this shit.
Thanks anyone who can help

1 Like

Keep tapering lower n lower and stabilize for a few weeks before droping off. You wanna get as low as u can . To make it as pleasent as possible. Id say 5mg and less. 5mg will probably be a mild withdrawl still so u might wanna go lower. Just have to go with what you can take and push thru it. 20mg is way too high to jump off of without servere withdrawl.

Yeah I am doing it In 5mg doses every 5 days or so I just want off the sh@t

Yeah just be patient because jumping too soon wont do nothing but bring u back to it and heavier prob or relapse. U can even try skipping days or doses toward the end. That will give ya an idea what ur gonna face although days 3-7 will be the worse it probably wont improve noticeably until 2 weeks to a month.

1 Like

I’m getting really cold, sore joints, sweats and headaches.
Just can my wait for it to be over. I have Valium for when I get cold and the jitters but they’re withdrawing off them too.I think is a bit harsh, taking me off both at once.
Lucky my mrs is helping out with some oxazepam for me

1 Like

Damn bro methadone is a bitch for real…
Personally I don’t have experience withdrawing from it, just fetty, heroin, pain pills, and Suboxone. But what helped me the most with the physical side was hot showers. Can’t stress it enough. Helps relax the muscles and stops some of the hot/cold and body temp shit. Especially before bed. Also helps just pass more time and helps take your mind off the withdrawals, which is a big deal since its nothing but a waiting game. But stick it out, you won’t feel that way forever even though it feels like it. Unfortunatly there is no magic pill, but this fight just makes you that much stronger. Keep your head up man and fight through it. Believe me, I know it is a lot easier said than done, but it is sooooo worth it.

Oh also magnesium helps a little with the RLS and shit.

2 Likes

Thanks dude

1 Like

Opiod withdrawals made me a stronger person. I felt like I could withstand anything after I was free and clear of it…a month later. But that month was fucking hell.

1 Like

Geez. Horrible times sorry to hear. Yeah just do it as slow as possible once it’s done it’s done though just keep that in mind. You’ll feel all the better for it eventually. Worse comes to worse ask doc to be changed onto suboxone or subutex
1.keep hydrated
2.rest as much as possible
3. Plenty fruit and veg.
4. Take your time