Milestone celebrations

Yesterday marked one week sober. The worst of withdrawal is over, but a few nagging symptoms still remain. Last night, my husband and I had a bonfire, and for the first time since childhood, I sat by a fire without a drink. The night sky was unusually clear for where I live, and we could see the milky way. A massive herd of deer in a neighbouring field started bleating. It was amazing.

Any other recent milestones? How did you celebrate?

20 Likes

Congratulations on all fronts.
Celebrate how you like my friend. Whatever makes you happy.
I bought a new hiking jacket my first week.
I got a tattoo for 6 months. I’m planning another tat for my year.
It’s nice to remind ourselves that we are doing this for ourselves.

3 Likes

That sounds truly lovely, Mona! Well done on this week!!

2 Likes

Sounds like you got nothing to Mona about. That scene is beautiful. Well done on one week. Stay strong.

2 Likes

Oh dear oh dear. And I get told off for my dad jokes? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ohh they get worse than that. anyway if it wasn’t me it would probably have been you.

1 Like

If you had said “oh DEER, oh deer” instead on your post, you could have had another dad joke too (as OP referred to herd of deer) :joy:

2 Likes

please, don’t encourage him, no so we’re on an addiction app, do encourage him.

1 Like

Haha I missed that

I don’t need encouragement. Ask @Frantasticooo🤣

I just hit 20 months. Celebrated by doing all the things I was terrible at doing while I was a drunk. Payed bills, made it to work, ate good and enjoyed doing homework with my kids.

Keep trudging, it only gets better.

8 Likes

I year sober last wednesday and celebrate it with planning a big back tattoo. I celebrate every milestone with something I like. Not allways big like this one, could be just some icecream ore pie :yum:

6 Likes

Congrats on 1 week!! I’m 39 days sober today! Last night I wanted to give up, but I’m glad I didn’t! Feeling this good on a Saturday morning is amazing!! Going to take my daughters on a shopping spree today :blush:

6 Likes

What type of back tattoo? My left sleve will be completed in November and my right leg is done up to my knee.

1 Like

Something like this:

Have a appointment next week to discuss what I like and then she design a personal one for me.

5 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

I haven’t celebrated any milestones yet. Maybe I should!!!

1 Like

Yes you should. Be proud of what you’re doing and reward yourself! It’s great incentive and motivation.

2 Likes

I went to dinner then to a meeting like a proper alcoholic :joy:

6 Likes

I was just looking at my timer and realizing your big 1,000 was here @C-sun. Congratulations on all your hard work! How the hell did we ever get this far? I remember thinking 2 months was impossible. :heart::ice_cream::heart:

2 Likes