Milestones in sobriety

I found this article about milestones after quitting alcohol and thought to share in case it resonates with someone else too

https://www.jointempest.com/resource/quit-alcohol-milestones

4 Likes

I really like this article. Thanks for sharing.
Acknowledging events rather than the number of sober days is much more satisfying for me.

I recall my first big milestone at about 42 days when I found a very close friend dead on her bedroom floor from alcoholism. My hubby was with me and he immediately went to the liquor store afterwards to cope. I sat with my feelings and cried like I’ve never cried before. It was really difficult but I got through it sober and that was a huge win for me even though it happened on an odd sobriety day.

4 Likes

Great article. I am guilty of getting caught up in the days. Events make sense!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. What is listed, I already had and I feel blessed, grateful I can do, enjoy, go through these things sober.

Like yesterday was a milestone for me and it somehow helps me to overcome difficult moments. It’s a stupid number but like saying, oh I am almost 40, I helps me also to reflect on the past time, what I achieved, what not and what I managed being sober. Like a denominator. It is like light is a wave and material. It is both. Like one day at a time and looking back sometimes and reflect on how far I have come.

1 Like

These are great milestones!!

Back in 2019, I went to my first wedding while sober (I was about 6 months sober). I was kind of nervous, but felt pretty confident at the same time. I did infact spend A LOT of time on TS for support during the reception (different account then). I then realized, it was a dry wedding reception!! :rofl:

I guess the decision to not drink was already made, which made it a lot easier to cut loose and have fun.

1 Like