Millionth attempt and hopefully last day 1

Hi ive been on this rollercoaster now for almost 2 years. Trying to stop then a few days/weeks later reset and restart. To say im tired now is an understatement so hopefully i can keep going this time. Good luck to everyone on the same path

2 Likes

What’s your plan this time around that is going to lead to a better result?

2 Likes

I honestly dont know i have tried a lot from here to AA in thinking therapy or something deeper. Any suggestions?

Did you stick with any of your previous programs? How long did you try them?

2 Likes

I was in AA for about 6 months on and off.

Welcome back!

Appreciate the honesty.

Learning experience!

The challenge before you is not to stop drinking,

But rather, to show up consistly and be engaged in AA. 90 meetings in 90 days would be a great start.

5 Likes

Welcome back! Good job on resetting! Are you ready to make a real commitment to your sobriety and recovery? You stated that you went to AA on and off for about 6 months. Like anything else sobriety and recovery was something I had to work for. It didn’t come easy. If you’re pursuing a fitness program to improve your physical appearance and overall health you can’t be surprised that you don’t see results if you’re not committed to it. I’ve been in recovery for 2 1/2 years. Some days are easier than other. I’m almost at 80 days alcohol free today. I didn’t get there easily but it’s possible. I had to decide that I didn’t want to live that life anymore. Alcohol is no longer an option for me. I go to meetings, I have a daily recovery program that I implement every day, talking to my sponsor, being active in my recovery. I have to do these things every day to keep myself sober. Good luck to you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers,

5 Likes

Hi yes i will need to try and do more meetings its very hard ss i work full time and have a young son

Thank you for your encouragement. 80 days is amazing weell done keep it up hopefully i will be there someday soon

1 Like

You’re welcome. In order to get 80 days, I had want to be sober more than I wanted that drank. You can do it. I couldn’t do it alone though.

2 Likes

That’s understandable. Unfortunately the addict within us doesn’t understand.

Another solution would be online meetings or reading and posting on TS daily. Helped a lot of us.

1 Like

Yes i will try and get to as many meeting as possible but i will be on here every free minute i have for the next while anyway thanks again

1 Like

Sounds great!

I’ll hold you to that.

Your recent read time is currently at 2 hours. That stands for the amount of time spent reading posts in the last 100 days.

Shouldn’t be too hard to get that number up.

1 Like

Where do you see your read time ?

I see @CaptAZ is replying.
he’s the expert on this.
let’s see what he has to share.

1 Like

When I fit my life into my sobriety and not my sobriety into my life I was able to turn the corner and learn how to live without being a drunk ppt smoker.

I got sober 570 days ago, I still take it 24 hours at a time, I still use most all the tools I learned in early sobriety from AA, IOP and therapy both couples and individual. Sobriety became the first and last thing I did and do in my day.

You too can get off the hamster wheel of addiction, throw the kitchen sink at your sobriety my friend.

2 Likes

To get your read time, I can simply click on your logo.

1 Like

Since you’ve joined TS, you’ve read for 23 hours. Over the past 100 days, you’ve read 2.

Here’s mine,

Since I’ve joined TS, I have 18 days of read time.
Over the past 100 days, I have 6 days of read time.

2 Likes

Thank you im prepared to throw everything at this this tine around hopefully that will be the key.

Show off :rofl::joy:

2 Likes