Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Jul. 27th mind blowing random thought of the day: Those who survived the sinking of the Titanic were charged $1 per word to send telegrams from their lifeboat to their families.

5 Likes

Random fact : mephobia - The fear of being so awesome the human race can’t handle it and dies.

6 Likes

I’m team Oscar Wilde all the way. His dry wit kills me.

1 Like

There are probably people who mixed up their twins as babies and never sorted it out… :baby::baby:

4 Likes

Jul. 28th mind blowing random thought of the day: June Martino, who worked as bookkeeper and eventually part-owner alongside founder of the McDonald’s Corporation Ray Kroc, became the first American woman to be invited as a guest to the New York Stock Exchange in 1966 after McDonald’s officially went public.

2 Likes

Goats “discovered” coffee. It is thought ancient goat herders noticed that goats became more energetic after eating the beans of the (then unknown) coffee plant. Subsequent investigation into these beans led to modern day coffee as a staple beverage.

11 Likes

I know a goat who drank so much coffee he developed the ability to post on the internet

13 Likes

It actually gets worse than that, I ran across this the other day…

Out of 4 million total births in the world, about 28,000 babies get switched ever year. Overall this translates to about 1 mistake per every 1,000 baby transfers. The good news is that many of these mistakes are caught at some point before families leave the hospital.

2 Likes

goat

11 Likes

Bugs fly into lights because they use the moon to navigate at night. They see artificial lights, think they’re the moon, and get confused.

6 Likes

Jul. 29th mind blowing random thought of the day: During the 13th century, the word “nice” originally meant foolish or stupid.

5 Likes

Mind blowing random thought: Day 23 and I’m STILL SOBER!

12 Likes

It isn’t as mind blowing as you think though! Everyone here believes it! :rofl:

4 Likes

Jul. 30th mind blowing random thought of the day: During WWII, American soldiers used passwords containing the letter “L" due to Japanese mispronunciation.

4 Likes

John Lennon of the Beatles and dimedag Darrell addott of pantera where murdered on the same day just so many years apart.

Yes,I do not need an excuse but I love that one anyway!

1 Like

Jul. 31st mind blowing random thought of the day: A galactic, or cosmic year is the duration of a complete rotation of the Milky Way Galaxy, which takes approx. 200 million Earth years.

3 Likes

The Robin bird’s brain is semi separated and only half of the brain sleeps at any one time, this is often split seconds at a time.

Many birds do this, including the albatross which is why they can stay airborne at sea for years at a time.

4 Likes

The “white mystery” flavors in dum dum suckers and airhead candies are not particular flavors, they’re the leftovers at the bottom of each vat at the end of a batch mixed together, they’re white because the dyes are added afterwards. That’s why after years of making them there has never been any kind of flavor reveal and people have never been able to nail down a specific flavor.

8 Likes

It explains so much! Now that is truly mind blowing.

1 Like