Mind Games

Last night was the first time I questioned whether to throw my sobriety away for the first time in almost 60 days. It wasn’t out of anger or sadness… I just felt really overwhelmed and the though my came into my heAd and it honestly surprised me! I knew it was something I didn’t want to do but there My Brain was, thinking about it. Funny how that works, and very scary as well. Happy I have something to be continuously proud of still. Happy I don’t feel physically ill. Happy I don’t have to deal with the shame today. One day at a time…

12 Likes

Great job saying “no”. I think most of us have felt that. Heck, after a year sobriety it happened. Keep saying no to the drink and it will get easier.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, we suffer from a chronic disease. We can never be fully healed, and therefore, some of the symptoms will never subside.

Many of the physical manifestations of our disease will ameliorate and the body will recover.

The mental affliction is where practicing active recovery really makes a difference. If we treat our disease with prosocial activities and preventative measures, we will get to the point where we are too healthy to want to bring sickness back in our lives.

2 Likes

I’ve been eating so healthy lately that the idea of fast food or junk food lately grosses me out which is a great thing! Can’t fight this sweet tooth lately though… May have to make some carrot cake later. :yum:

1 Like

I feel the SAME way. I actually ate some pizza the other night cuz I was out with friends and that’s what they wanted, and I was famished, so I capitulated. I literally felt ill afterwards.

Do you have any specific dietary restrictions you’re working on or just eating healthy in general?

‘Continuously proud of’…

Love these words :heart:

1 Like

Dairy free, gluten free and high protein. I’m trying to swap my fat out for muscle :joy:. This time around I’m not doing as much cardio so I can notice more muscle gain. I drink a lot of these hearty smoothies I make which are a meal. Pizza is my favorite food and I haven’t had it in quite some time. I’m going to try out the frozen gluten free vegan veggie pizzas one of these days. Sure it won’t be the same but honestly I love all pizza so I’m probably sure I’ll Like it lol.

Try a meeting wish you well

2 Likes