Mindset is EVERYTHING

The higher the path, the thinner the air. Stay positive…keep the focus on your goals…negativity will eventually suffocate.

1499100E-F561-4C06-8FD9-A686B48AC935

7 Likes

Even though I don’t smoke anymore, listening to good ole Bob Marley sure puts things in perspective. Trying to think more positive sure sets the mood for the day

2 Likes

9 Likes

Awwww
This hella gave me the smile i desperately needed. Thank you for sharing :innocent:

1 Like

Omg - I LOVE that

1 Like

@Spartan_Chris Thanks for the positivity. I’ve been harboring a defeatist mindset. Nurturing it, even. I’m going to work on changing that.

3 Likes

We all have our moments…I had to look back at that last post, just today because I had a trigger re-enter my happy sober space and bring a :poop:ton of negativity with her…took me some time to get out of my funk, but I’m back in the right headspace. Glad I could bring some positivity your way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Spartan_Chris And I should add now that from that little bit of positivity sent my way, I had the best 3 days I’ve had in months, just by reframing my attitude. Hung out with both of my parents, watched 2 great movies with my husband and gave my dog a ton of love. So thanks again. And I’m glad that after you had some negative energy thrown your way, you were able to regroup and Get back to a better headspace. I’m taking my new 'tude to the office tomorrow and try it out there. :grinning:

3 Likes

That makes my day! Thank u :pray:t2:

biggest problem i had was finding ways to justify getting high when i was trying to get clean. I would make up reasons to get high. Start arguments etc. Once i figured out i was my own worst enemy something clicked and this has been the easiest road out of many failed attempts. Plus i think it gets easier the older you get.

4 Likes

I so SMILING of this tread !!! Thankz guys !!

2 Likes

In the early days of sobriety - I think this is unavoidable. I am trying however, as I get further along in my journey, to safely distance myself from the constant reminder of what I’ve left behind. I don’t want to lose that memory completely, because it’s what keeps me on my path, but I also don’t want to be defined by it. If you notice me not checking in for a couple days, it’s because I’m stretching my wings, don’t worry, I haven’t jumped out of the nest.

F0549E8F-428F-4BC2-9578-8F32B8CA9569

7 Likes

Wise quote.

1 Like

2 Likes

I love this one. Every thing you think affects your day. I think of the self fulfilling prophesy. If you think you can you will. If you think you can not you won’t. Keep filling your mind with the I Will’s and I cans and you will!!! I love this.

4 Likes

5A1949FF-B4EF-4872-B6C3-AD54956DF76E

Found this Muhammad Ali quote tonight…

6 Likes

Live in the present, not in the past.

7 Likes

8 Likes

YES it is the work that changes the world!

2 Likes

Embrace a recovery program . Just remember this is a one day at a time program. Whomever woke up the earliest this morning has the most clean and sober time today. The first 164 pages of the big book has all the answer to live a life well-lived on life’s terms. Also working with other alcoholics / addicts seems to do the trick. It worked for Bill W. and Dr. Bob and it will also work for us. But for the grace of God go I…

1 Like