Miracle in the making

So i go to an AA meeting tonight. Im late because i didnt get off work in time, but went anyways. So i missed the topic and a few comments. The chair person calls on me to speak. I start speaking, crying, wanting to drink but not wanting to drink more. I talk about how crappy life has been lately but my first thought wasnt to drink, it was to get to a meeting. I talk about how my thinking has changed and its for the better! So i finish up my comment and the next person is called on. He states, wow, courtney didnt hear the topic, but she hit the nail on the head. I dont have anything to add even. So that made me feel good, but not the point here. So here the topic was, how your thinking changes once getting sober. Now if thats not a Higher Power thing, then i dont know what is… So im sitting there and this peace comes over me. It was like this calm that went through my entire body. First time this has ever happened. And i didnt want to drink anymore… Me, not wanting to drink, crazy! Today and just for today, my desire to drink was lifted! I believe i had a spiritual awaking right there in the meeting. Now thats a miracle! 7.5 months going strong. Just for today, im a miracle…

16 Likes

That is so awesome and inspirational! Thank you so much for sharing this.

1 Like

glad you found the meeting lifted you well done keep going back

1 Like

Thank you so much @Courtney_Smith! I absolutely needed to hear your share this morning. You have helped me so much :purple_heart:

I hope you have a wonderful, :relaxed:sober Friday!!

1 Like

What a wonderful gift for you to receive and thank you for sharing it. Big ups on your 7.5 months…great work!!!

1 Like