Miracle , unbelievable but living witness

I can’t believe after 12 years of trying to quit drinking that it just has been lifted above me and I no longer have cravings as soon as the fall even tries it into my brain I want to almost vomit. I can only thank my higher power and the people that have led me to the tools to do this these apps are unbelievable I could never get it inside those rooms.

18 Likes

Awesome! Glad you’ve turned a corner!

1 Like

I hope you will have this feeling forever but I presume you are experience the famous pink cloud.

1 Like

Thank you for your sharing. My pink cloud lasted only about 30 days this is different I’ve been trying to quit for 12 years.

1 Like

I’m 3 years sober myself and still have cravings sometimes. They are seldom, but still around the corner. What I was trying to say: enjoy the feeling of having no cravings at all but be prepared for them to show up some day as well.
It’s good to have your toolbox ready for that if you understand what I mean.

4 Likes

Thanks for the article about ‘Pink Clouding’ @SoberWalker! I had heard of a euphoric phenomenon but l hadn’t heard it called that before.
Very interesting- l am going to do some forward planning now to prepare myself ( as l’m on Day 18)!

2 Likes

I’m so glad you shared this! Congratulations. Your post gives hope and inspiration :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

If you can flip the script and make it feel empowering that can help - it is so much better to be prepared for the (often) inevitable, then you’ll be able to move through the moments that can lead to temptation and potential relapse. I speak from experience of both not being prepared and giving in to temptation and then learning from it and having tools in place to get through it. It’s so worth it to have that awareness early on!

Right, @SoberWalker ?

5 Likes

Congratulations! It’s a great feeling to feel free.

2 Likes

Everyone’s body chemistry is unique, as is everyone’s life experience. Not everyone will have the same experiences in sobriety, just as we all have had different experiences in life.

Some of us have a naturally more optimistic outlook, where others are more pessimistic, still others are realists or stoics. We are indeed unique individuals. Sure thing we share a common foe of substance abuse, but our reactions to it, how we approach it, how we live our daily lives, cope and react to stressors, how we fuel our bodies, etc etc etc all add up to different experiences in sobriety and recovery. At least that is what I believe, your mileage may vary.

There is no definitive statement that you will or will not be in a pink cloud for xyz. It can happen and it may just also be your outlook on life. Always good of course to be prepared about possibilities.

How we react to any set of circumstances is within our own control. Our breathe and being present in the now, can bring us peace in this moment. :heart:

5 Likes

We are at high risk of bushfires here in Oz, especially in summer. The Country Fire Authority came up with a slogan a few years back which was to encourage people to plan for an emergency-PREPARE•ACT•SURVIVE

I like to apply this to my recovery! I will work on how l will cope once the euphoria subsides.

Exactly! :facepunch: