Missing sponsor?

Sooooo I have called my sponsor two days in a row and left VMs and she hasn’t called me back? Is this odd to anyone else? She tells me to check in daily and now she is the one MIA. Thoughts?

1 Like

It’s a little odd for sure. She’s prolly just caught up in life right now. It might make you feel better if you say a little prayer for her safety and try again tomorrow.

Best wishes :wink:

5 Likes

Oh my goodness - I hear you! Mine also asks that I call her every day at 4:00pm - which I still do at almost seven months sober. She might answer one time out of ten; she has never returned a voicemail. It’s challenging. I’ve learned to reach out to other women in the program who I know are more easily accessible. When I see my sponsor at meetings, she is always thrilled to see me and seems like nothing is amiss.

I hope you are able to soon get in touch with yours. Do you have other people you can call if you need to talk?

3 Likes

It can be hard to remember that our sponsors are just like us. They have their own life and recovery to deal with.

If it’s out of character, it’s likely that life got in the way. As @Gabe.G says, send her positive thoughts and keep the line of communication open.

:heart:

A sponsor is just someone thats worked the steps and program with you that has a sponsor too. Even sponsors relapse sometimes.Have you been going to meetings? Maybe find another sponsor. A sponsor is mainly to work the steps with you as the only wrong way to do them is alone. A sponsor isnt meant to call every time you get a craving or are triggered. They have lives to live and are addicts too.

3 Likes

Early on, I left VM for my sponsor 5 days out of 7. But if I asked for a call back I always got it. It was all about me being able to make and stick to a commitment regardless of getting a pat on the back of not.

3 Likes

My guys text me i always make sure i give them a reply even if its to say busy at moment but ill call later, been doing this for over 28 years now i didnt start sponsoring until i was 4 years sober I havnt replaced mine who passed away three years now but i have a wide circle of AA friends who have similar years and i usualy give them a call or meet for coffee , wish you well

5 Likes

Yes my network is strong because I have been at this thing a while. She called me back she was nursing her sick husband and just busy and said I sounded fine and wasn’t in crisis so she knew I was ok. We talked tonight and will meet tomorrow

1 Like