Mocktails!

Hello happy Saturday from Louisiana! Hope everyone is feeling strong and positive in their recovery whatever stage you are at. Just love this app! I’ve been trying to think of a topic that could be fun and different and help people who were just tapping into their creativity and their sobriety. After reading a lot of posts,I see quite a few people who claim they are bored in their sobriety. And that surprises me, due to the fact that I’ve always been a creative person. So being tapped into my creativity my whole life, I truly believe has helped me in not drinking. Because I have already established a healthy tasked to replace drinks. One thing I like to do is make creative drinks that don’t include alcohol. And they’re usually pretty simple so this post is dedicated to all the folks in search of finding their creativity. Maybe making a mocktail or two for yourself a day is a great start!

Dalgona coffee - whipped coffee
2 tablespoons granulated sugar of your choice.
2 tablespoons instant black coffee
2 tablespoons boiling water.

Mix on high with hand mixer from 2 to 5 minutes the longer you whip the more fluffy it gets. Grab some ice and pour your favorite dairy or non-dairy milk over ice. I add some calorie-free sugar to my milk, because the coffee is quite strong! Add whipped coffee to the top of your milk and wallah! Enjoy.

Looking forward to see others mocktail creations!

Carrie

6 Likes

Ooooo that looks Yom!!! Thank you for sharing!

That looks incredible!

I did dry January, and found my favourite mocktails are quite boring and simple haha:

Ginger beer with fresh lime wedges - nice and spicy, good long drink

Cranberry juice, sparkling water, and fresh lime wedges - nice way to use a wine glass

I am back on day 1 since my post dry jan fallout and looking forward to experimenting more with mocktail ideas over the next few weeks. Will be watching this thread eagerly :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome mittenshape!! I’m so happy that you posted for the first time oh my topic! That was my goal to inspire people! Day one is such a great start. I’m so happy for you! Keep that mind busy! also what works for me. Is it take time out several times throughout the day and just sit in peace with my eyes closed a form of meditation. an easy one that works for me is imagining a beam of light coming through the crown of your head throughout your toes with deep breaths grounding you. as you’re moving the light through you imagine that is pushing on all the negative thoughts and feelings out, filling your soul with light and love. Those few moments are really beneficial!

Ginger Bubbly Tea

Brew some iced tea. Sweeten with sweetener if your choice, if you like it sweetend.

Add fresh ginger juice to your iced tea picture.

Pour yourself a nice glass over ice and add your favorite bubbly water!

I really like this one. It’s been so damn hot here in Louisiana! So refreshing!
Carrie

[20200816_132110|375x499](upload://oWoIaKWbuXJhEb1qaS2EwOcOafT.jpeg

So far my favorite mocktail has been:

Passion fruit puree
Fresh crushed mint
Ginger beer
Soda water
Lime

Also, for anyone in the US who has the means to purchase some truly fancy soda, Rachel’s ginger beer is AMAZING. Order it online, it ships from Seattle. So far my favorites have been pink guava and passion fruit with vanilla, but they have a ton of fun flavors. https://rachelsgingerbeer.com/

1 Like

Oh I love ginger brew! When I lived in Hawaii I met this soon-to-be friend that brewed her own right on the island, it was so delicious! I also make my own kombucha and flavor it with Ginger! Ginger is the best antidote! Thank you for the recipe girlfriend! interesting I just bought some passion fruit seeds to plant on my land in Louisiana. When I lived in Hawaii passionfruit with grow like wildfire! I’ll totally check out the brew from Seattle. That’s my home town! it’s so interesting that I love bubbly Waters now! When I was a drinker. All I did was shots. I hated mixed drinks.

1 Like

Omg, if you live in Seattle you definitely should check them out! There are a couple of locations, one at Pike’s Place. The make ginger brew icecream floats there if that’s something you enjoy as well

1 Like

Hi Tess! I live in Louisiana now. I was in Hawaii the last 7 years. But Seattle is my hometown, so I try to go back when I can. I’m itching to go back right now actually. But with the pandemic going on it’s not in my best interest! But I do love me some Seattle! I sure miss the Pike place Market. Every time I go visit I walk down there from 15th avenue and do some shopping and cooking! So nice to meet you!!! Where are you from?

Carrie

I love the Dalgona coffee, but I mostly prefer Sweet tea :blush:

Also we’ve got something called Vietnam Iced coffe, one part coffee, one part condensed milk, one part whole milk. It’s sweet but delicious.