Money probs (small vent)

I am starting to wonder if maybe I have an actual problem with money. Not the amount I have but how I act with it. I am diagnosed with ocd and it really affects my relationship with money but overall I dont have a good relationship with my money. Money is my number one stressor and it never gets better but probably because it is self inflicted. Anywho, my goal for today is to not spend any money. I’m already bummed out about it but like with alcohol, sometimes practicing abstinence needs to be done

1 Like

If you keep track of all of your spending for the week or month and see exactly where your money is going, it can be easier to know where you need to save more so you can develop a budget.
Edit: When I had my first full time job, the pay checks were good because we worked a lot of overtime, but my bank account would always hang around the same amount and I had nothing to show for it. Looking at the bank statement at the end of the month I realized I was wasting all the money on gas station food/energy drinks/cigarettes.

2 Likes

Looking over my bank activity starbucks is definitely a culprit… they really pull you in with the rewards programs!

Fancy coffee can be achieved at home too! With a French press you can cold brew your own, it only takes about 24 hours for the coffee to steep and you can actually get a better product than at Starbucks, about three cups per 1 liter french press. A cheap espresso machine can make just as good of espresso as the fancy ones they have as well, frothing is a challenge but after you get the hang of it it’s no issue.

1 Like

@littlemisschatterbox @Trees thank you both so much for commenting on my post with helpful ideas :heart:

2 Likes

I went over my budget just now and I feel like I have somewhat of a plan for now… going to be tight but definitely going to address this with my therapist (and look into an espresso machine so I dont rely on starbucks so much)

1 Like

Starbucks is the greatest marketing success since Apple. They both have convinced people to pay premium prices for mediocre products.

3 Likes