Moody most days

I have just hit 62 days. It feels good to be sober but I’m irritated most days. My soon to be ex wife is at conference all weekend and I’m home with my kids. I love my kids and he’ll if you read anything of my past stuff I still love my wife. Lately I just want to be alone. I could stay on the couch or in bed all day if I could. I don’t feel like talking and the kid’s issues lately just set me off. I’m trying to keep it under control but some days are hard. A friend of my wife’s and I invited her to his party not me but her. I use to hangout with him all the time back in the day but I guess the sober me is not invited. It bothered me and honestly it shouldn’t. It is not the no drinking that is hard for me it is the fallout. Craving sugar, running to just get away, reading books to escape and times just binge watching a show. I use to like to take the boat out with my family now I hate it. I put it up for sale. I went out today with the kids and it just felt like work. I don’t even like stepping foot on it. Whether it’s from drinking or the separation I’m drained. I feel like I’m fading into the background and I’m content with that. I’m tired all time and I’m not sure how to snap out of this nor do I know if I want to. I can’t go back to my old life and I’m scared of my new life. I don’t want to be separated but I can’t change her mind no matter what I do. I guess I just feel alone and lonely. I just needed to vent so I can try to get some sleep. Thx for reading I hope everyone is staying strong.

7 Likes

“Time heals all wounds.” Perhaps you could use some time to relax, reflect, and find your new place in the world. The Human Race isn’t really a race after all, it’s what YOU CHOOSE it to be. Go easy Brother, it always works out.

2 Likes

Thanks for staying strong! I understand how you feel. Keep working hard! I am too new at this to really say everything appropriatly. But if you keep on path as you are, you are showing your wife and friends that you can do it. I think you don’t enjoy doing all of those things you did before because you did it as a family (wife included) I’m sure you miss her. It’s going to take time for her to build up trust. You sound like a really good guy. Keep up the good work staying sober !

2 Likes

Divorce is really hard. You are really doing the right thing by doing it sober.

It makes sense that you don’t feel like doing certain things. Some of the tiredness might be depression, some may just be you recovering from the stress. It will get better. Just take lots of care of yourself.

You will feel better in time and when you do you will meet someone. A lot of us have been there where we can’t imagine life with someone different but it just happens. Don’t be too scared of some down time to sort yourself out or the future after that.

3 Likes

Stay strong. I spent a good couple of years getting shit faced when me and husband first split up. All it did was numb the pain and crap for that night but felt so much worse the next day. You are amazing for doing this sober. I’m going through a hide away, be by myself, moody crappy phase at the minute too. I don’t like it but I figure it’s how I feel so I’m just going to go with it til it works itself out. Running helps for me too…and reading. Hang in there.

3 Likes

Keep up the good work brother and stay strong! We all got your back and are here for you. You are an inspiration and give me motivation to stay strong and sober. It very hard to do what you’re doing and it’s okay to vent or feel stressed at times. Hang in there things WILL get better!

2 Likes

I think you you are depressed, that is how I got and they put me in an antidepressant, I didn’t think I was depressed, but after I started them and had the mg changed I feel so much. I think that is why I started with the pills to help me cope, but it just made everything worse. Good luck and i am here to talk if you need anyone

I really don’t have the words to tell how much I appreciate all of your thoughts and encouragement. Thank you for your support. My day is going to be better today. Thank you so much for this and for welcoming to this website. It is definitely a God send. Wishing all another strong sober day.

4 Likes

I’m glad you are feeling better bud. Our stories have so much in common. It seems like you are like I was at 62 days. Not drinking was easy. Life was/is hard.

I would catch myself being so deep in my own head about shit I had no control over that my son took the back burner. I’d catch myself being so impatient with him when all he wanted to do was play with me. Like how dare him interupt the Pity party I had going on inside my head, ya know?

Acceptance of my separation was hard as fuck. I’m not even sure that I ever completly did it. But I do know I started too. I started to accept that I could not change my wife’s mind with words (or plees or tears). I started to accept that me being sober wasn’t enough either. And I started to accept that she wasn’t coming back.

All of that made me remember that I am a father. that is my fucking job. Those kids are going thru this mess too. They know more than we think. They need us and we need them to get thru this. They just want their daddy man.

Believe me, I know it’s super hard to stay out of your head. It’s so hard to not be consumed with how fucked everything is. I was the same way. I had a friend tell me something like what I’m telling you and it helped me. Your kids need you. They need daddy to get out of his head. They need daddy to do his job and be there for them. They don’t understand any of this. They just want you to be you again.

Easier said than done, I know. But u will get it man.
Hope you got something from this ramble.

1 Like

Gabe I look forward to your responses. Our stories are very similar. I spent the day with them at Woodward cruise where they got to look at classic cars and ride in some of my uncles cars. My dad was with us and we spent time with my parents that are really supportive. It was a good day. I’ve been slowly pulling my head out of my ass and getting back in the game. We are getting ready to sit by a backyard camp fire and chill. Thx to everyone for the support and thoughts. I look forward to everyone’s stories and responses. I love this website it really helps. I got to see my alcoholic uncle today and let me tell you if that doesn’t scare u sober nothing will. I used to be ashamed to be sober around him today he said he had some ginger ale in the cooler for me. It has been a good day. Many more to come thx again.

4 Likes

So cool man! That sounds like a pretty awesome summer day. Summer days are winding down. We gota live em up. Here’s to a great night and another sober Sunday :slightly_smiling_face:

I will wake up to 63 days sober. That is a great feeling. I’m going for a run in the morning and hanging with the kids before I go to work.

2 Likes

I have been trading yelling to explaining. When my kids don’t do there chores I explain why it is important. When they do something wrong I explain why it is wrong. It has been getting better I’m less irritated and a little more in tuned. I’m trying any advice is welcomed. Thx for reading.

3 Likes