Mother of an addict

I am 10 days sober from alcohol my son is actively using a relapse from

almost 10 year struggle with opiates hes only 23 about to turn him in again it’s heartbreaking

Congratulations on double digits for you!

And I’m sorry to hear about your son.

1 Like

Congratulations on 10 days! My heart aches for you with your son. I lost a sister to addiction in 2006 and never was aware of how bad she felt. I have seen how opiates destroy a family and would do anything necessary to keep my children away from it, even if it meant they had to sit in jail. At least there, I wouldn’t have to wonder where they are and if they may overdose that night.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry from one mom to another. My son is an addict too, but glad to say he’s been clean for a week an half. I’m sorry your son is struggling so much, but I’m going to pray for him and if you need to talk or emotional support, I’m here for you. Still learning how to work this site. Hope you have a good day

This reply above is for W8tress

1 Like

I’m sorry for the loss of your sister. I can’t image the pain you’re going through, but atleast you know she’s not sick anymore and her body is clear of all that toxic stuff she was doing. My heart breaks for you. I’ll pray that you find some peace with all of this