Motivation and meditation posts (Part 1)

3 Likes

6 Likes

There was a longer quote on the meditation I listened to but to be honest that pretty much sums it up!

1 Like

6DB85A16-C5A0-4C0F-B3C1-7EE4906D2D0C

4 Likes

Meditation isnā€™t about what we gain. Itā€™s about what we can let go of.

4 Likes

Good morning.

3 Likes

3 Likes

By being flexible and accepting situations or circumstances we canā€™t change, we find peace.

She shared the story of a traveler who bumped into a shepherd and asked if they knew what weather was forecast. The shepherd said ā€˜the kind of weather I likeā€™. Confused, the traveler asked how they knew they would like the weather. The shepherd responded ā€˜having found out that I do not always get what I like, I have learned to like what I get. So I am quite sure we will have the kind of weather I like.ā€™

2 Likes

My motivational post. Why to NEVER drink again! Weā€™ve all been some version of this: https://www.facebook.com/YaelX/videos/1631496920271964/

2 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

Good morning.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Thereā€™s a story about someone driving along, they are stuck behind someone driving erratically, speeding up, slowing down, indicating but not changing lanes etc. They notice a sign on the window ā€˜please bear with me, Iā€™m learning how to drive a manual (stick)ā€™. This makes them understand and feel a sense of empathy and compassion for the learner driver, theyā€™ve been there too.

Most of the time people donā€™t have signs up explaining their behaviour, but if we really think about it we have all been that person doing something annoying at some point. By trying to relate to people we can react with compassion instead of impatience or frustration.

3 Likes

Good morning.

3 Likes

When we are drifting we often feel lost and confused about the path to take. By looking at our situation with a beginnerā€™s mind, a sense of openness and curiosity (instead of frustration or resentment) we may start to see opportunities. Time spent drifting is not time wasted, every day is an opportunity to learn.

4 Likes

5 Likes

This one always helps me when Iā€™m struggling

8 Likes

6 Likes

Printing that out and framing it!

1 Like