Motivation and meditation posts (Part 1)

1 Like

4 Likes

lao-tzu
I donā€™t believe this is Lao Tzu. All the sameā€¦

4 Likes

Todayā€™s meditation was about the importance of taking time to look after ourselves. Sometimes life feels too busy, thereā€™s too much to do to eat well, rest well, exercise etc. But by neglecting ourselves we reduce our capacity to ā€˜doā€™ effectively.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Good morning. Thx reading these post. Putting these on here everyday reminds me that I am not alone in this battle. Have a safe sober day everyone.

2 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

Thank you for your posts. I cant not express my gratitude for the out look you have!

2 Likes

Iā€™m just sharing the pictures! It is an outlook I am working on. But as per my profile picture a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - that is what I keep coming back to.

I do feel like I am making progress, even in my dark times I can believe it and try my best to live by it. I donā€™t think Iā€™d be on this path if I hadnā€™t stopped drinking, and if I hadnā€™t stopped drinking I wouldnā€™t have found this community! :heart:ļø

3 Likes

Good morning. Some days are tough. I find myself still doing my will instead of Godā€™s will. Those are the days I feel Iā€™m in a free fall want to blame everyone and everything but the truth is it falls on me. By not accepting my life and the people in it as exactly the way they are I become irratable and discontent. I keep in mind though that Iā€™m striving for progress not perfection.

2 Likes

Yes! Progress, not perfection is all we can do.

I am in a place at the moment where I am getting upset because my life isnā€™t perfect. Itā€™s ridiculous. I have so many things to be thankful for and acceptance is something I continue to try and work on.

For what itā€™s worth I really appreciate all your posts here. As well as being really useful and insightful, it helps keep me motivated to stick with my meditation practice. Although I am not making it every day at the moment it is still something that I keep coming back to you, and your posts are part of what helps me to come back :blush:

1 Like

Doing these posts are just as helpful to me as the ppl that read them. Iā€™m glad they help. The holidays are hard and this year is harder than years past. Just need to get step one right all the rest will fall into place if I stay out of my way.

3 Likes

Really sorry to hear that itā€™s tough for you right now. Iā€™m assuming that you do AA and I hope that means you have lots of people on the other end of the phone you can reach out to. Make use of them, you donā€™t have to do it alone. I also check in here daily so if you want to vent I will read/listen :blush:

Thx I appreciate that. Yeah Iā€™m a 12 stepper. I have a great sponsor and friends in the program. Things will get better as long as I focus on today.

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

1 Like

Good morning

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes