Motivation and meditation posts (Part 1)

Good morning and Merry Christmas to everyone.

1 Like

Good morning.

1 Like

Good morning everyone.

Good morning

1 Like

Happy new year.

I’m back :person_in_lotus_position:

While the new year, as an annual milestone, is a good opportunity to think about changes we want to make, it isn’t the only opportunity. If things don’t go how we hoped, we don’t have to wait until next week, month, year etc to try again. Life is full of millions of moments and we can pick any one of them to try something new.

4 Likes

Love this :heart:️ so true. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

2 Likes

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, ‘My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all.
One is EVIL – it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride superiority, and ego.
The other is GOOD – it is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.’
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather ‘which wolf wins?’
The old Cherokee simply replied, ‘The one
you feed’.

3 Likes

I found a lot of stuff to share today. I hope everyone had a good start to the new year. Everydayday is a new chance to start again. I’m trying to do what works for today today and that is it. The rest will fall into place.

4 Likes

You have found a lot! I love it all, as always, but in particular the thought for the day - you can choose your choices but not your consequences. It kind of immediately makes sense but the more I think about it the more important it feels.

Keep on keeping on friend.

1 Like

3 Likes

This was about dealing with food cravings but the deal seems about the same. Stop, observe, be curious. Why is this happening? Is it a reaction to stress, or is a distraction needed? Taking a breath and a step back gives us time and space to evaluate and make a choice of what to do next.

3 Likes