Motivation and meditation posts (Part 1)

3 Likes

I NEED to remember this on my bad days…

10 Likes

Good morning

5 Likes

Good morning.

3 Likes

I love the tnought of the day. Thank you for posting these every day they are making me inch closer and closer to finally attend that first AA meeting.

1 Like

She also talked about the idea of receptivity. If you throw a stone into a lake, there’s a splash and maybe some ripples, then it returns to its form.

It stays there in the sun, rain, wind, under the stars. It accepts whatever is going on around it and whatever is thrown at (or in!) it.

2 Likes

The hardest part of going to AA is walking in the first time. It is that unknown. Once you walk in you are greeted and become the most important person there. If you have any questions or concern message me I will do what I can to help.

5 Likes

Good morning.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Thank you. I’m going tomorrow at noon☺

Let me know how it goes. I am proud of you. I have been there and can remember how it was. Everyone in that room had to walk in that first time and they are understanding to that. You will be fine and it will get easier.

2 Likes

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes

I liked these thought I would share.

3 Likes

Returning home, a complete whirlwind inside and nervously asking to quiet the storm. Came upon a prayer…

I tremble on the edge of maybe,
a first time, a new thing, a tentative start,
and the wonder of it lays its finger on my lips.

In silence I share now my eagerness and my uneasiness about something different I would be or do.

And I listen for your leading to help me separate the light from the darkness in the change I seek to shape, and which is shaping me.

3 Likes

Good morning.

5 Likes

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

Good morning.

4 Likes

The facing our fears is very relevant to where I am at the moment and the Buddhist thought is very true.
Thanks @Butch. I’ve only just started picking this thread up and they are truly inspiring.

1 Like