Motivation and meditation posts (Part 1)

Will check it out, thanks!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

7 Likes

15 Likes

Good morning.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Not been making time for my meditation this week, fallen into the trap of busyness! Anyway back to it this morning :person_in_lotus_position:

Today there was a kind of mantra, on the in breath think ā€˜I amā€™ and on the out breath think ā€˜homeā€™. Really focusing on the breath and using it as an anchor. Whatever is going on in our lives we can ground ourself in our body and breath, making space and time to pause.

3 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hey @butch hope youā€™re all good, been missing the words of wisdom you share :slight_smile:

My meditation today was about thinking, how easy it is to get stuck in negative thought spirals that influence our emotions. We all have thoughts, but we arenā€™t defined by our thoughts. We can learn to look at our thoughts objectively and with interest, without being caught up in and swpet away by them. The purpose of meditation is not to stop having thoughts - they can be really wonderful - but to recognise them for what they are and allow them to pass without reacting to them emotionally, or taking control and popping the thoughts that donā€™t serve us like bubbles!

2 Likes

Bring non-reactivity to your closest relationships, to the people who you are closest with and also tend to display your most difficult emotional characteristics. Fostering openness, respect and compassion and deliberately bringing mindfulness to your interactions, using difficult emotions as a source of strength and growth.

8 Likes

7 Likes

That is legit! Living in the moment is what life is about. ā€œMoments donā€™t just happen. We have to make them happenā€

6 Likes

I was out of town where there wasnā€™t a good cell signal. Iā€™m back on track now. I hope everyone has s great day.

2 Likes

Yes to making them happen! But also to just noticing the moments that do happen. Sometimes we are so focused on our thoughts - planning for what next or thinking about the past - that we miss the wonderful stuff happening right now. Birds singing, sun shining, the smell after the rain, the person listening to us, the flow of the breathā€¦ There is so much to be grateful for :blush:

3 Likes