Motivation and meditation posts (Part 1)

Beautiful number for a beautiful soul😊

1 Like

Good morning

2 Likes

Journaling people: I have an inspiration for you, but it requires your imagination.

“The benefit of this notebook is up to the sense that comes from your passion.”

It’s a bit deep for me, but I can still dig it. :laughing: Gotta love translations!

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

1 Like

Daily Reflections
May 23
SPIRITUAL HEALTH

When the spiritual malady is overcome, we straighten out mentally and physically.
— ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 64

It is very difficult for me to come to terms with my spiritual illness because of my great pride, disguised by my material successes and my intellectual power. Intelligence is not incompatible with humility, provided I place humility first. To seek prestige and wealth is the ultimate goal for many in the modern world. To be fashionable and to seem better than I really am is a spiritual illness. To recognize and to admit my weaknesses is the beginning of good spiritual health. It is a sign of spiritual health to be able to ask God every day to enlighten me, to recognize His will, and to have the strength to execute it. My spiritual health is excellent when I realize that the better I get, the more I discover how much help I need from others.

3 Likes

@anon46927530 We have this in common. Bonheffer is great. I admire his commitment with the truth and his love for community life. Plus he is a martyr

FB_IMG_1558712334991

4 Likes

6 Likes

Good morning everyone. Have a great safe holiday weekend. I’ve noticed more people adding and replying on this thread. I think it is great. Helping each other is how we stay sober. Thank you for helping stay sober everyone. I love you all.

5 Likes

Well, someone had to pick up your slack :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Daily Reflections
May 25
PROGRESSIVE GRATITUDE

Gratitude should go forward, rather than backward.
— AS BILL SEES IT, p. 29

I am very grateful that my Higher Power has given me a second chance to live a worthwhile life. Through Alcoholics Anonymous, I have been restored to sanity. The promises are being fulfilled in my life. I am grateful to be free from the slavery of alcohol. I am grateful for peace of mind and the opportunity to grow, but my gratitude should go forward rather than backward. I cannot stay sober on yesterday’s meetings or past Twelfth-Step calls; I need to put my gratitude into action today. Our co-founder said our gratitude can best be shown by carrying the message to others. Without action, my gratitude is just a pleasant emotion. I need to put it into action by working Step Twelve, by carrying the message and practicing the principles in all my affairs. I am grateful for the chance to carry the message today!

1 Like

…great post

Lol. About time.

1 Like

Good morning.

2 Likes

Good morning, sunshine!

3 Likes

I’m sitting here this morning and the sky is so blue it almost hurts your eyes to look at it. The birds are chirping the sun is shining bright. At this very moment I can here the train that is a couple miles away go by. It is a cool 60 degree morning and all is well. I have a meeting in a couple hours then off to work at 4 pm. At this moment this very second I am content to just be. To just be in the moment. To just take in all the sights, smells, sounds and the feeling that is all around me. Stay safe and sober today.

3 Likes

This is so great to read. Have a good day at work😊

1 Like

Good morning everyone. Made it through another long holiday weekend and it seems every year gets a little easier. I hope you all are doing well.

3 Likes

Today’s meditation was basically the serenity prayer. Working out what you can change and accepting the things you can’t. Surrendering to the unchangeable, because resisting it only causes more problems.

3 Likes