Motivation and meditation posts (Part 1)

5 Likes

This is awesome! It reminds me to keep facing them and to get comfortable being uncomfortable. :grimacing: Thank you for posting this Sage

2 Likes

My desktop background on my work computer. Love this poet.

6 Likes

We are taught that some feelings are good and some are bad. We should think of them like clouds - notice their size, shape, speed, direction but not judge them. They are what they are. Noticing and understanding our feelings helps us to make better choices.

5 Likes

Good morning everyone

2 Likes

Good morning everyone.

2 Likes

This is about acceptance of where we’re at, not resisting how we’re feeling and working out how to get through it.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Good morning everyone.

6 Likes

Through meditation we make space in our brain for silence - helping us to order our thoughts, calm the chaos and plan our next move.

5 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

The importance of being present and focusing on doing one thing at a time. This is something I need to work on - avoiding the temptation to multi task. Divided attention rarely ends up being more efficient.

A breathing method to help concentration: really focus on one point of the breath where it feels strongest - chest, belly, area under nostrils where the air flows. Hold attention here. When attention wanders, count after each breath cycle (i.e. inhale, exhale, 1, inhale, exhale, 2) up to 3 or 4 which should help deepen concentration. Repeat!

4 Likes

Good morning everyone

1 Like

3 Likes

Good morning.

5 Likes

Love the one about making wise decisions. Sometimes you just gotta trust yourself an take a leap!

We often feel fear when we are thinking about our perceived version of the the futureture, worrying about what might happen. Bringing ourselves back to the present and focusing on what happens now breaks the cycle of worry and fear, making us more able to deal with what’s actually in front of us.

2 Likes

Good morning.

4 Likes