Motivation where and how do i get it?

Hi there
I hope you are well.

It’s my second time round the bend and leading up to my 60days clean.

I have this itching crave to be doing stuff getting out there and getting things done, I have studies to do(which I have not touched in MONTHS!), I wanna get active with healthier Living.

I just battle so much with getting the drive and motivation to do anything. I replaced one addiction of drugs and alcohol with binge watching series and not leaving the house.

I don’t have many friends outside of addiction and the ones I do are often working or have their own lives.

Where and how do I get motivated it’s a struggle I would love to hear some thoughts around this.

Love and light
Nick

1 Like

Maybe try a meeting? AA always gives me a place to go and has the fellowship you seem to be looking for. I wish you well!

Hi i agree with the other gentleman I was so lost white knuckling it 4 66 days on my own the moment i walked into aa my recovery truly began… good luck on your journey x x

One thing I can share from my experience during my early sobriety was volunteer work and physical activity. For me, they coalesced into one activity which was the 30days of biking. It also happened during the winter which forced me into situations outside of my personal wants. Like, do I want to miss a day of biking because of a snow storm when the miles I’m putting in are going to a good cause. No. So in turn that helped me devolpe the drive to become more active which lead me to staying more active.
Moral of the story is once you find something, anything you begin to enjoy you will do it more often. Like @C-sun suggested walks are an amazing start. Plus with spending so much time inside you might find that you forgot all the beauty that is around us outside.

1 Like

Start sports! Hard at first but will rewire your brain guaranteed