Movie recommendations?

Both incredible…

The lighthouse! (Not for everyone as it is a movie filled with binge drinking. But it does not romanticize it one bit I’ll just leave it at that).

3 Likes

I love NEON, A24, Annapurna, IFC, lighthouse, occiliscope, and magnet… Such amazing movies!

Not a chick flick.
Not a rom com.

4 Likes

I enjoyed it! Good movie

1 Like

Love Reese. Seems dark. Coming from you I guess I should expect that. :crazy_face:. Looks very interesting though. I’ll give it a try. Any pets get hurt? That’s where I draw the line.
Wifey and I watched The Big Sick. Have you seen that one? More our rom com chick flic style. Check it out. Give that darkness a break.

2 Likes

That his true story! Pretty good flick.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say the Wild is dark. Heart breaking at times for sure but it’s more a survivor story, a journey. Landscapes are absolutely breathtaking! Can’t remember any pets being harmed… don’t think so.

The Big Sick seems like something I could consider watching. I don’t do rom coms and chick flicks bc I just feel miserable and lonely afterwards. I used to buy into Hollywood love story but have found out it’s just BS. But that’s my personal preference. Drama based on true story is more in my ball park, like the First Man, Hidden Figures, the Help (ok, that’s fiction but realistic), the Lady etc. And some Finnish movies but you wouldn’t have a clue! :smile:

And I just have mention the Martian!!! Brilliant :ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

Sorry I wasn’t thinking. Maybe no Big Sick for you then. Wifey and I are pretty tame and those are the two categories we enjoy most.

I think wifey might like Wild. She gets tired of survivor stories though. I picture her telling Reese just jump in the river and drown :crazy_face: already. Or something like that.

Thanks for the pet tip. Did you guys ever get Pretty Little Lies over there? It’s a Minnie series on HBO. 2 or maybe three short seasons. Reese was great and not the typical love able character. It was hard for me to not like her.

1 Like

One of my current favourites :sunglasses:

2 Likes

No problem :kissing_heart:

Idk, I don’t have HBO and just ended my Netflix subscription. Too time consuming atm. But I like watching movies :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great movie but so messed up too!

1 Like

Just watched this. Pretty fun, semi autobiographical of jimmy o yang

Haven’t see that one either. Use to love the TV show when I was a kid.
Thanks.

Wild is a fantastic book.

2 Likes

That’s the coolest thing wow!! Good stuff bro and just that poor kid in the jail was rough to watch…

1 Like

You ended your Netflix subscription!?! Why in the Devil would you inflict such cruelty on your chill time self lol!? :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m about to watch this…

this is about alcoholism. But Ben Affleck hmmmmm :joy:

1 Like

B19BA036-C3DE-4F2A-989E-673B9A685A0B It’s not that often I can recommend a good movie, and this is one of those times. Actually a remake of a Swedish movie called: “A Man Called Ove”. Such an unusual role for Tom Hanks, but brilliantly done! There’s sad, emotional moments yet lots of funny moments as well. You’ll laugh and you’ll cry. It’s on Prime now.

2 Likes