Movie suggestions

As far as netflix goes If ur still lookin for horror check out ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ nothing like the book but its awesome nonetheless, the suspense and wtf factor is off the charts lol
As for action movies they recently added ‘Layer Cake’ and ‘Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels’ Both are friggin awesome, disclaimer for anyone reading this tho: there is gratuitous drug use in both of em if that sorta thing triggers ya

Best thing on Amazon prime rn imo is ‘The Man in the High Castle’ and if u happen to have Starz ‘American Gods’ is that :fire:!

1 Like

Sounds good man. I’ve seen the Man in the High Castle when I’ve been scrolling around Amazon. I’ll check all those out though. Been meaning to watch some new shit.

+1 on Man in the High Castle and American Gods. They are both fantastic, however, the books were much better (in both cases). American Gods is an interpretation of the Norse Gods stories. Same as most of the Marvel stuff.

1 Like

Its good, based on a what if scenario where the germans developed the A-bomb b4 us and dropped one on DC to win the war…the nazis control the east cost, japan the west, and everything from the rockies back to ur neck of the woods is the wild west full of criminals, vigilanties, resistance groups fighting the germans and concentration camp survivors (they set those up here too)

2 Likes

No doubt, its been a lot of years since i read high castle, but i remember it being a lot different than the show. Neil Gaiman is the man tho! I cant wait for Good Omens to come out… @Jante76 thats gonna be a good one to add to the list for amazon too, i think it comes out in June

1 Like

Anyone watch Handmaid’s Tale? Super good.

1 Like

My wife watches that, I couldn’t get into it.

1 Like

Its pretty crazy.

Neil gaiman IS the man! I didn’t know there was going to be a good omens show. Haven’t watched American gods I liked the book so much idk… Did you read Neverwhere? That was really good too. And somebody said Handmaidens Tale-Margaret Atwood has a 3 book series called MaddAddam that’s really really great too. Better maybe. MR Carey the girl with all the gifts is also great along the post apocalyptic line that MaddAddam is. But not really like mad max post apocalypse. Anywoo…I’ll stop talking now.

2 Likes

Yeah Neverwhere is awesome, same goes for ‘Ocean at the End of the Lane’ that one is one of my favorites of his stuff. Youd be stoked on the first season of Gods, it follows the book so closely, from what i hear season 2 starts to deviate a bit and it doesnt have the rave reviews the first season got but the imagery is amazing, very high production value! Havent seen or read any of the others but ill definitely hafta check into em Lol ur good im sure Jason doesnt mind us derailing his thread.

@Lefttythree & @Neighbrofthebeast668 I am a Neil Gaiman fan (which goes back to the Sandman comics). Good Omens is one I missed somehow. I’ve read a lot of his books, but definitely need to go back and read/re-read. This is a great reminder b/c his stuff sucks me in and holds my attention (exactly what I need right now).

2 Likes

Hell yeah my ex wifes bro got me hooked on Sandman. No doubt, I reread Norse Mythology and American Gods while i was in bed going through opiate withdraws last year and found pdf versions of all the sandman stuff, they kept me occupied til it was over.

1 Like

Next week im going to see kubricks barry lyndon on big screen with my son. Kubrick is an all time favorite.

Did you also like A Clockwork Orange?

Well its not actually so entertaining. But i think its a fine portrait of violence and people who have too much time (and money) to do shit

Agree…not entertaining. For me that one was too heavy and awful. I think because of the atmosphere in the movie…Just like in American psycho. I wish I didn’t see that one either…I can handle blood and violence thought, in movies…

1 Like

Fair warning dude, if ur in the mood for a horror fix DO NOT waste ur time on that netflix show black summer! Lol holy shit thats a couple hours of my life ill never get back and im pretty sure my TV wants to commit suicide smh one of the damn led diffuser lenses fell off behind the screen, now i can see backlight bleed where its shinging str8 through and i have no doubt it was a direct result of that dumbass show playing :rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Hahahaha. What the fuck man. That bad huh? Guess I won’t waste my time on it this weekend then. Sorry bout your tv though.

A Prayer Before Dawn was really good. Moral of the story, dont sell drugs in Thailand…

Upgrade is awesome too if you havent seen it yet.