My 1st Relapse

I made it 133 days. This was a very stresseful day, and I let a loved one know I wanted a drink. They said, “don’t do it”, but I didn’t want to be talked out of it. This is my first time falling off the wagon since I started this journey.

4 Likes

Glad you told on yourself and didn’t wallow. Your 133 days is inspiring. You messed up but, got up, told on yourself, accepted it and are moving on. That’s strength and progress. :slight_smile:

I had a relapse last night after 5 days sobriety. Seems i cant go more than 5 days before i crack. Your 133 days is inspiring. Dust yourself off and dont beat yourself up.

It means the world to me that someone read this and responded. Thank you.

2 Likes

133 days. You’ve accounted. Reset. Recommit and drive on. You can do 134. You’ve proven you can do 133. The fact that you are here talking about It means that although you failed, you are failing forward, not backward. Backward means wallowing in relapse, and not immediately resetting and driving forward.

133 days proves you can do sober. Now go for 134. Not 7. Not 20. Not 75. 134, because you know you can do 133.

You can.

4 Likes

ive still to relapse havnt yet going to meetings has helped and doing the right things and its only for today everyone have agood day

I cleared 3 months Jan 1st. Your 133 is inspiring I wish I had that many days but I’m almost there. We fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up. You can do it.

Don’t look at it as your first relapse but as your only relapse. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like