My attempt at rationing. Spoiler alert...Epic fail

I’ve been absent from this forum for a while now. Long story short, I “figured out” how to just drink on Friday and Saturday nights (sigh). So Saturday, between the beer and vodka, I figured I drank between 18-20 units of alcohol. Not at a lively party mind you, but by myself. Alone and sloppy just like I like it. Well, I passed out on our couch and proceeded to projectile vomit all over myself and the couch. Right in the spot where my wife lays when we’re watching TV. Our children lay on this couch. The most precious things in the world to me and I drunkingly puked all over our “family area.” Needless to say, I’m back here now, two days sober. I know people have more harrowing rock bottom, but that may just be the catalyst I need to stop this nonsense.

12 Likes

It’s crazy how we think where in control when we drink a few here and there, but the ending is always the same when you struggle with an addiction. We just have to say no period, theres no in between with us, sucks… but just how it is… stay strong and be gentle on yourself… one is always too many… sending luck and love… you :can: do this…

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. Luck and love your way as well.

2 Likes

I hear you bro.

You aint hit rock bottom till you piss in a wardrobe then strip off butt naked and are found the next day sleeping in the fetal position in the middle of the floor. Ring peice in full view of everyone.

7 Likes

I feel for you,we be have all been there.Its a war in your body, the mind tells you keep going drink all you want, you only live once. Your body is telling you stop, no more, how long do you want to live? Now you have to involve the heart,because that’s what is going to help override the mind and take control. You know what you have to do.You can get this done.

5 Likes

Now i finally realise that the ‘heart’ special power in captain planet really IS the best power.

3 Likes

Been there. So many times. Where we lie to ourselves and think we’re in control and everything is fine. But really it’s the addiction talking.

Accept it and move on. Learn from this experience and use it to grow and gain strength in your recovery. Wishing you the best

3 Likes

Been a long time,but I used to watch that. Sometimes it comes down to just digging down and using heart,because there isn’t much else left.

1 Like

Been there. I was there Thursday, puking into a trashcan while sitting on the toilet, trying to prepare for work…and contemplating calling in AGAIN. It all started with a glass of champagne. And it didn’t stop me from drinking Friday-Saturday, and hating myself Sunday & Monday. Trying again this week.

4 Likes

I agree you have to have heart. Heart drives a person to keep going in the face of adversity. To keep going when hope is all but lost. The drive and determination to succeed. The eye of the tiger.

4 Likes

Thank you all for your support. Puking on yourself could be a funny drunk story when you’re a teen, but on the doorstep of 40 years old? Not charming

3 Likes

You are still very young,so that tells you where in life I am. The awesome part is you, me , everyone on here are ready to take proactive steps in this fight. The fact we are here shows that. The thing is we have caught it in time. We are alive, we have breath,we can change who we have been. The time ahead, the future can be whatever you choose. But from my perspective,do it at your age now,get all of that new you possible.

6 Likes

One is always too many, 1000 is never enough.

I had the exact same thing over Christmas, remember this illness, fixation, addiction, whatever you want to call it, will do anything to get you to drink. I find it completely warps my perception on everything, finding where the illness begins and Lydia finishes! But you seem to have hit your rock bottom, doesn’t matter how severe or non severe, I didn’t lose a job or a house or my family, those were my YETS, instead I lost my self respect, my personal wellbeing and my love for myself.

Stay strong!
X

1 Like

We have all been there sweet…I spent all of saturday trying to convince my husband to just let me drink once a month but he wasnt having none of it! Which to be honest i am glad about because it takes it out of my hands because i know that just one more drink means i will lose my family.

1 Like

An experience to pick yourself up from and move on at least. I’ve started puking in the mornings and upsetting my stomach from doing that and it just doesn’t feel good which is why I am back here. Onwards and upwards for us all

2 Likes

Everybody has a different rock bottom…some devastating…some could be the smallest thing that pushes us over the edge and into sobriety. No matter how we get there…lets just get there. Stay tough​:+1::grinning:

1 Like

Thank you all for the insight. So far so good now day 3. A sober cheers to you all!

5 Likes

Keep going strong even when no one is looking but you. I have one year on Aug. 9. My husband and son daily have alcohol in the house. When I look back at all my relapses, some ending up in a hospital, it always leads back to a poor choice that I made to drink and drink and drink and drink…

1 Like

@MPeezy, hope you are doing and feeling better.

1 Like

I am thanks, back to two weeks now!

4 Likes