My boyfriend hasn't drank in 5 months and it makes me happy

So, many of you know my boyfriend is a full time musician and used to be a heavy drinker. When I quit, he cut down significantly but would still drink socially. And since this pandemic, his gigs stopped. He never drank in the house so he just stopped drinking and felt fine about it. Now that places are starting to open, he is starting to play some gigs and even still he’s not drinking. He told me yesterday, “people have offered and I just say no. I’m not saying I’ll never drink again but I just don’t feel like it. And I feel like I’m losing some weight which is nice”

I’m so happy. He reads my blog so he knows this is my dream. Things are just going really well and everything is great between us. Our relationship has been better in the past few months since neither one of us has been drinking

Wishful thinking that this will be a permanent thing but I’m going to love it while it lasts. I’m less than 50 days away from 700 days and it feels great.

19 Likes

That’s wonderful Brooke. :heart: Glad things are going well for you both.

2 Likes

Wow Brookie! That’s seriously great to hear!

I have known you since you got here pal. I have read your successes and your struggles. I have read your blog post too. And I have Always hoped nothing but the best for you. It has been pretty cool watching you succeed.

I won’t lie, I was always a little nervous for you about your boyfriends drinking. As nervous as I could be for a stranger on a forum and her sober situation. Ya know? :wink:.
But yeah, he’s a rock star! There’s a lifestyle that comes with that. And you love him to bits. So it’s pretty friggin cool to read your post tonight.

As always, I’m glad you’re here. And I’m glad for all your successes

3 Likes

That’s great Brooke :blush:

1 Like