My bro left me half a bottle of whiskey

How do you think you will feel if you drink it ?

1 Like

Good point

I think you should dump it out. If it’s too much stress it needs to go. It’s not worth holding onto and thinking about it. It’s not worth it. No matter what it cost.

2 Likes

I’m the kind of person who is frugal and don’t like wasting nothing,I do see the temptation of it being there,but if I was going to start drinking I would drive a hundred miles for a drink,I’m just thinking if they are committed this will for sure be character building to leave it in the bottle

1 Like

If I can throw away 200 euros worth of various stuff you can pour that drink down the toilet, you know what to do ans you can do it

3 Likes

I get that. And I do agree with your point that it’s us who choose to drink, not the presence of temptation. There will be plenty more opportunities in the future for building character by withstanding temptation, at any rate.

6 Likes

OP has 17 days sober, it’d be a really dumb idea to test their sobriety this early. They should be cherishing their sobriety and protecting it. But saving a few dollars by keeping a half decent bottle of whiskey around is hardly worth a relapse. Bc the urge might not strike right away. But it will start with a whisper, then it gets a little louder the next day, and the next. Until one day, weeks from now that bottle is screaming at them to take a drink. And they do. Now maybe nothing bad happens when they drink. Or maybe they put a shotgun in their mouth and pull the trigger. I’ve been to more than one of those funerals. But hey at least they saved $15 by not throwing out the whiskey.

6 Likes

When I quit I had a fridge filled with beer. I went to my upstairs neighbor and gave it all to him. Boy was he surprised and happy. Anything open, I dumped.

6 Likes

Everyone else has said it but I’m gonna have my say, just ditch it! The thought of it being or not being decent stuff shouldn’t even be at question here. It alcohol, you don’t drink, nobody’s around who wants it. Straight down the sink. Simples.

4 Likes

Try it as a toliet bowl cleaner… might be a new lifestyle hack.

9 Likes

So what happened? Did the whiskey get dumped? Consumed? Gifted?!

4 Likes

You didnt pay for it, so why does its price matter? Think about this also, which memory is more valuable; the one where you dumped the expensive whiskey to commit to your sobriety, or the one where you dumped your sobriety to commit to whatever comes with the same old story?? Hmmm…:thinking:

3 Likes

As much as alcohol has ruined your life your still treating it like its your best friend still… You may have some more drinking to do yet but you just dont know it yet… Eventually u will wanna take that bottle and smash it in the street for all the troubles it caused your life…

2 Likes

You want to stay sober and mean it POUR IT DOWN THE SINK . wish you well

2 Likes

Yeah I’m curious too :thinking:

2 Likes

You could go door-to-door to each house in your neighborhood saying,

“Would you like some free Jack Daniels? I swear to God. My lips did not touch the bottle.”

1 Like

No alcohol is worth more than your sobriety. Pour it out.