My Crippling Anger

I’m 28 days sober and I forgot why I used to drink myself into a black hole. My issues with anger are literally insane! This week is testing me far beyond my limit, and I’m dying to get so lit up tonight! I’m talking about an entire handle of Fireball and inhalants. It is taking EVERYTHING in me not to compose that 1 text that will relieve me tonight. Here I am, sitting on my bed trying so hard not to flip this entire house upside down. There is so much rage brewing inside of me right now and I still haven’t learned how to completely control it. I figure if I keep my music on and my door locked I will be okay. However, I just dont know how long I will be okay for. It’s Saturday and it’s only 6:23 PM, the night is long and my stomach is turning. I just hope I can go throughout the night without having a drink. How I would kill for a cigarette right now.

5 Likes

I’m not sure what to say, but I do understand. I’m not sure what to do with myself just yet when I have that yearning to pick up a bottle of Chardonnay on my way home from outpatient. I’m 14 days sober today, I’m just hoping it gets better in time. Hold on, and pray the night goes by and the cravings go down.

5 Likes

my husband just informed me that he is going out tomorrow night and my eye immediately caught one of his beers… I walked away, but the urge was there. stay strong!

4 Likes

When I get angry it really tests my willpower not to drink :frowning:
I try to go work out or at least get outside to go for a walk. I think it often helps just getting out of the house.

3 Likes

I do think it gets a lot better after a couple months, so hang in there!

3 Likes

You do whatever you have to. You read watch t.v. , exercise or go for a run. If you have people who you are safe around,then go out. You pray, meditate or as many on here say, maybe meeting is in order. You listen to music, do housework, you get on here and read or post. My point is you do anything but take that first drink. Because it won’t end with one.

3 Likes

Just a thought on your post. Maybe trying to address your rage and the reasons for it could help you. Cuz in my expirience, bottling it up or trying to control it led me right back into the bottle. Talking about it to someone helped me. Might help you too. Congrats on your time pal! It truly is a miracle!

3 Likes

I managed to wakeup sober on a weekend. It’s been a long 29 days but the fight is always worth it. Keep going strong. :heart:

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I did last night. I got back home at midnight. I went another night without drinking.

Thank you!

For the first I managed my rage without alcohol.

2 Likes