My dad died

I couldnt take it and went to the bar. Had to cancel my morning coffee commitment at the aa meeting

6 Likes

Im sorry for your loss. Remeber drinking will not make anything better.

2 Likes

Very sorry for your loss Sean. It’s at the most vulnerable and difficult times in our lives that addiction sees it chance to get us back. You know drinking doesn’t help. Please be sober. You need your wits to deal with this. Wishing you strength in this most difficult of times.

4 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. You know drinking is going to prolong your grieving process. Put down the drink and get yourself to a meeting. At times like this, you’ll find people in the rooms will be there to help you through these difficult times.

My prayers are with you and yours. Let this last relapse be your last. I cannot imagine the emotions you are feeling. Going through this sober will help you process what you are feeling and will enable the healing that needs to happen. Drinking, will only supress those feelings for a later date.

2 Likes

I know I just felt like I couldn’t face my fellowship today. Its a strong fellowship. I called my sponsor and grandsponsor and got my commitment covered. I’ll have to tell them later. I just wish I didn’t ignore my dad for so long he struggled with his addiction and died as a result of it. Pain killers

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss.

Like the others have said, please remember that picking up won’t make anything better. It is just a temporary way to hide the feelings that will make everything come back and hit you harder.

Stay strong :heart:

Hello there im so so very sorry that you lost your dad. Losing a parent is one of the hardest things you have to go threw. I understand wanting to get messed up. Doing that is just going to lead to more sorrow for you. I hope you don’t drink for long and jump right back on the bandwagon. I’m sure your dad is proud of you for getting sober and so am I. He is watching over you now so keep making him proud. Keep your head up

I’m very sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself.

I’m sorry man. From personal experience of losing my dad i can tell you the bottle has zero answers, it’ll only make things worse. You’re in my thoughts man

3 Likes

My dad passed away July 23 of this year. 17 years ago he was diagnosed with having suffered three strokes in just under a decade. I can honestly say it was from his incredibly long time as an alcoholic. Ironically his death caused me to relapse, today is my day one. I was fine until I wasnt again. Not every day can be your best day but you definitely can try your best to make it so. I wish you the best, we’re all here if you need to vent

1 Like

It’s been said many times, drinking has never solved a problem or made anything better. You can stop yourself, or dig for that new bottom. Just when you think your deep enough, another deeper will emerge.

Do you want to control your addiction, or do you want the addiction to control you? You can’t control situations, but you can control how you react to situations.

Pull yourself together brother. You can do this, and everyone here knows you can do this!

Love you man, don’t be a victim to yourself.

Sorry for your loss i was not long sober when my dad died went to a meeting that nigh my guys got around me and gave me support i knew he wouldnt want me to loose my sobriety but over the years lost my mum my three brothers but with support of the fellowship i got through wish you well

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss Sean

I am very sorry for your loss Sean. I hope you have been able to reach out to your AA friends as well. Many hugs to you across the miles.

I’m very sorry to hear that your father passed.

I was only 45 days sober when my father started having medical issues which lead to his passing 7 months later. Most stressful time in my life.
He died from alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver. I also had ignored/avoided him partially because of his addiction too. I do regret it, and even blamed myself for awhile that maybe he would have gotten and stayed sober if I was around more, but the truth is that he would have drank regardless.

I hope you can find some comfort in the positive or happy memories you may have of him from when you were little or something. I always think of my dad and how kind and understanding of a man he was. I can see a lot of him in myself and now in my son too. One of the drivers for me to keep trying to be a better person.

I hope you can get back into a meeting and put the bottle back down.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. You have my deepest condolences. I think that it’s these types of events that we need to prepare ourselves for as we seek to maintain sobriety. I can understand why you went to the bar, but I hope you will be able to work through your grief in a different way going forward.

1 Like

Im praying for you @sean29

So sorry for your loss!

I’m sorry for your loss. My father died of COVID-19 three months ago. Sending all the bright light I’ve got your way. :hibiscus:

1 Like

I’m very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers :pray:t2::two_hearts: