My Daily Inspiration

Growing Pains
Painful as the present time may be you will one day see the reasonfor it. You will see that it was not only testing but also a preparation for the life work which you are to do. Have faith that your prayers and aspirations will some day be answered. Answered in a way that perhaps seems painful to you but is the only right way. Selfishness and pride often make us want things that are not good for us. They need to be burned out of our natures. We must rid of the blocks which are holding us back before we can expect our prayers to be answered.

9 Likes

Was perfect timing that you brought upon the words of what may see painful to you, these were notes took from yesterday’s sermon which i think speaks volumes to such.

• The heart is predictable for leading people astray; Jesus even said the heart is where the worst of us lies. Those that chose decisions from the heart are those that look for the path of least resistance. It’s the agenda for our sinful hearts to go against gods will, that of whose plan is and purpose is yet finished. His goal is not a path of least resistance, it a path and plan for us to know him, to be purified and sanctified. For us to be molded and worked in the righteousness to be Christ like, and more like his son. While we may set our personal agenda on happiness. Our sights are typically on a lesser goal, when the path gets uncomfortable, we look for a different route/or even an exemption, an excuse. -Leave those of that satisfies you daily for the riches of the Earth are of a much lesser treasure than that of the Kingdom of Heaven.
1 Like

Look Inside
Our mind and spirit have needs just as our bodies need air food and water. And for many these needs are not met for whatever reason in our past or present. Some compensate by numbing that sense of need with addictive substance or behaviors or even by trying to help or fix those who do. But if we take the risk to look inside we might see that our need is still there and the help hasn’t helped. Some people just give up when they realize that their efforts have not been successful. I am hoping that is not the case for you that you have determined to take a positive step toward greater joy and contentment…to HEALTH.

Just say YES!
Disillusionment and doubt spoil life. The doubting ones are the disillusioned ones. When you are in doubt you are on the fence. You are not going anywhere. Doubt poisons all action. Well I don’t know so you don’t do anything. You should meet life with a Yes an affirmative attitude. There is good in the world and we can follow that good. There is power available to help us to do the right thing therefore we accept that power. There are miracles of change in people’s lives therefore we will accept those miracles are evidence of a Higher Power.

1 Like

Evolve
To endeavor to evolve spiritually is the greatest gift one can give. It actually uplift all mankind from within… All society is subliminally and subtly influence by every kind and loving thought, word, or deed. The universe notes and records every action and returns it in kind. Because of the infinite… Every kindness is therefore forever.
This river of kindness flows through each and everyone of us, connecting us. Because kindness is more then just medicine. The act of giving and reviving is where the real magic of human connection occurs.

1 Like

Identity
Perhaps the best way to let go of addiction ad a defining feature of identity is to broaden the scope. Identities are always complex and multifaceted. We play different roles in different situations. We like some things and dislike others. We can start by recognizing all the other aspects that make up our identity or identities. We may also be a friend a parent an artist an athlete a chef a carpenter a teacher or any number of things that reflect different activities and values. After we broaden the scope we can start nurturing these other aspects of our identity. If a parent spend more time with the kids. If an artist spend more time paining.
…we can choose to cultivate the more constructive aspects of our identity. Eventually we start seeing ourselves in terms of these more positive aspects.

1 Like

Rest, Breathe, Believe…Nature Heals
Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life last. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature the assurance that dawn comes after night and spring after winter.
Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The wind will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy while cared will drop off like autumn leaves.

Expect Goodness
Be expectant. Constantly expect better things. Believe that what…your benevolent other has in store for you is better than anything you ever had before. The way to grow old happily is to expect better things right up to the end of your life and even beyond that. A good life is growing expanding life with every widening horizons an ever greater circle of friends and acquaintances and an ever greater opportunity for usefulness.
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being excited about what could go right.

1 Like

Together We Recover
All I need to do today is to put one foot in front of the other. I only walk this walk a step at a time. Each time I take a step I will trust that the next will fallow along with the next and the next and the next. What I know today is that no matter what does or does not come my way. I will wake up each morning to one more day of my spiritual journey nothing more nothing less. I will keep putting one foot in front of the other. Occasional leaps of faith and periods of unusual progress will no doubt happen as will slips and back slides. But no matter what comes along. I have the gift of recovery in my life a gift that I can rely on a gift that means that I never have to struggle alone again.
Together we can walk the path of recovery one step at a time.

Help others = get well
Recent research has provided evidence to support the idea that helping others goes hand in hand with meaningfulness. It’s not just that people who have already found their purpose in life enjoy giving back. Instead helping others can actually create the sense of meaning we’re seeking. Rather than ruminating on what makes our life worthwhile as we work toward burnout we can find the answer outside ourselves in human connection.
The strongest people make time to help others even if they are struggling with their own problems.