My ex the trigger

My ex is a big trigger for me. We have kids and we just got into an argument about them. In reality I think he’s mad I moved on with someone new because he’s saying he isn’t going to pay his child support so that my new boyfriend can pay for everything. I’m so frustrated right now I want to cry and my natural reaction is that I want to drink. I’m writing this hoping it will make me feel a little better and not want to drink but it’s hard.

3 Likes

I don’t understand parents that threaten this… I’m sorry you’re dealing with it. Regardless if he wants to or not, he’s (most likely) legally required to. Don’t let him back you into a corner.

Drinking is :100: not going to fix this and if anything staying sober is only going to make you stronger. I’ve had these threats said to me in multiple different ways. Makes you feel helpless, but in reality, they’re (most likely) empty threats.

11 Likes

Let your natural reaction be: “You may try to punish me by withholding financial responsibility for your children, but the state will punish you. You can’t hide from them, unless you want to work under the table. So it’s either get over the fact that we’re over, or get used to a life if just scraping by, and dodging the law.”

3 Likes

So he is in the wrong and has upset you.
Your drinking is him winning again.
Don’t let him win, don’t drink, be strong, be better than him!:grinning:

5 Likes

It seems all agree, you’ll only be hurting yourself in the end and regardless of his strategies, he’ll be held accountable. Also, if you succumb to tour cravings, it can be used by him to create the argument of inability to parent responsibly and attempt to hurt you further. Just a thought…All the best to you…

3 Likes

Stay strong it will bother him worse