My first 30... again

Hello, I’m new to this forum and app. I’m no stranger to sobriety, but I’m doing everything I can to approach it differently this time.

Relapse is apart of my story, but I’m almost at my 30 day mark and I finally found a sponsor I can work with. I’m also in an outpatient treatment program, and I’m working through my steps and I’m currently on my 90 and 90.

I’m trying to pursue fellowship more passionately this time around, since I believe that was one of the reasons I went out last time. I’m finally pursuing recovery for myself though instead of doing it for everyone else in my life!

Thanks for letting me share. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Great job not giving up or giving in! Keep up your hard work, it’ll keep paying off! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Get into the middle of the herd! Outpatient is a great tool for us to get and stay sober, I learned quite a bit and had a counselor who spoke addiction very well.

Keep trudging and your 30 will double itself soon enough, and in good time.

3 Likes

It sounds like you’re doing a lot of smart things this time to get support and structure in your sobriety. Good job! Support is so important, as is structure. Keep it up and you’ll do well.

2 Likes

Just got back to 30 days about a week ago as well, after having got to 124 days before a relapse…
So congratulations !
If I can make a suggestion, look at the books by a bloke named Alan Carr… certainly helped me…
And check in here regularly ! THAT’S a big help too !

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone who commented here for the support. I love this program and the kindness I often find within the fellowship.

Stil going strong, I’m sitting in a meeting right now with my sponsor! I hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend. I’m barbecuing with my daughter and the rest of my family tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I’m taking everything one day at a time!

3 Likes

Hey congratulations! Just as important as it ever was!

1 Like

Congratulations with your milestone! Keep coming here! It really helps! I come here every day to check in sober. I read and try to help others. Today 164 days sober :grin:

2 Likes