My First Friday…

@Willowwhiny thank you! Ahhh got to love a good child helping job :smiley: I just got my 5 day chip today which is great! I had the worst sleep last night this weekend is still causing me some anxiety and with anxiety usually comes alcohol but I have planned to be out all day today and I am determined to reward myself with something other than a bottle of wine at the end of it! Appreciate the support so much

1 Like

Sorry you are struggling with the sleep. Perhaps binge watch a show for some lazy distraction. Remember you don’t need to be supermum right now, early recovery is delicate be kind to yourself and do whatever will get you through. You can do the other stuff when your feeling a bit better x

1 Like

That is good you have plans. Anxiety is the worst I know that feeling . When you get home get cozy get some nice food and pop on here to read others stories or chat. Have a lovely day out x

One more tip… I noticed you said bottle of w**e a few times in your chat which is completely normal when your transitioning. Something that helped me is to try and block old memories of that habit to try and retrain my mind to not associate it with rewards . A simple way of doing this at first if the memory keeps coming to your mind is just change the wording. A bottle of alcoholics poison sounds far less glam. By the way I’m not telling you you can’t type it how you wish here, I’m just sharing little things that helped me beat the demon. My drink of choice was the same as yours. I won’t even type the word anymore or say it… it has no place in my life x

Thank you for the tip and I hope I haven’t triggered you in anyways by using it I guess I am still getting used to how this all works it something I haven’t tried ever before. I like the idea of changing the narrative I will give it a go. You have a lovely day too x

No triggers at all here. Just thought it might help you too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like