My first pay when not a cent went to alcohol :) yeah I am feeling good

Just wanted to pat myself on the back for not spending any money on booze this pay. First time in nearly 3 years!! Go me. A small step in the right direction

38 Likes

That’s awesome!! Keep it up!!

3 Likes

Hey that’s great!! Good job. I can’t imagine how rich we’d all be if we never spent a nickel on booze. Or DOC. Or both. Have a great sober weekend. Valentines dinner will be much cheaper :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:pray::heart:

3 Likes

Kels you my sweet are coming on leaps and bounds,keep it moving your doing great

2 Likes

What a great feeling x hope u go and treat yourself to something nice x you deserve it x

3 Likes

Well done :blush:

1 Like

I’m treating my daughter and I to a fun day in town tomorrow with her friend, and I bought a few new things for my basement I am trying to spruce up a bit. It feels good :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That was awesome.
Keep on making wonderful and wise choices :ok_hand::pray::fist:

1 Like

So pleased for you . Your daughter will love having mummy time as well . X

1 Like

Keep it up girl! Sooo proud of you :blush: Baby steps! Happy Valentine’s day!!!

1 Like

Awesome achievement :slight_smile: Well done

1 Like

Hell yeah! Get ready to have a lot more money. Treat yourself and your daughter. This is from my other sober app. $42 a week at $6 bucks a day is actually being modest, but I think in reality is was more like $60-80 a week for me. But this is for a year and 8 months.

4 Likes

Good on you Kels. I remember one of your posts earlier in the week, you were worried I think about payday. Great to hear that your having good times with your daughter. Awesome news

1 Like

I estimated my average daily alcohol spending was about $25. So far in 19 days that equates to around $475. It’s crazy to think how fast your bank account increases!

2 Likes

I think that is HUGE… So happy for you and your daughter… Nice work!!! :blush::tada::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks:

1 Like

I’ve saved 38,882 bucks since getting sober. This could be you!

5 Likes

Thank you for the support and encouragement everyone:)

3 Likes

You reminded me of an exercise we did in treatment. Adding up how much we’ve spent on our addiction over the years, including lost wages and lost property.
I was shocked to find I’d spent at least $40,000 over the years! :exploding_head:

Congratulations on getting to keep more of your paycheque! I love these threads on the savings side of sobriety. If our addiction had been a tax we would have been screaming.

I have saved $3340 even at only $3 per day. I posted recently about how I have been renovating and started investing. I also donate to charity monthly, donated to a political party this year and have a digital newspaper subscription to support the free Press. It’s nice being a member of a functioning democracy. I’d like to believe that if I actually screamed about a tax I would have little bit more of a voice now. My city councilor and MPP do both know me by name.

2 Likes

Awesomeness! Keep it up you can do it.

1 Like