My first time addressing my issue publicly

Hello all,
So I began taking adderall JAn ‘18 so i can focus in school and also the weight loss benefits .
I am a social drinker. However I want to quit completely because it leads me to do cocaine.
I also want to quit smoking ciggarettes.
I’m looking for support. I am new to this and I am ready to seek help.

4 Likes

You’re in the right place. That combo will kill you. Best of luck…

Yes it it is .

I’m not an every day user it’s more like a weekend thing or an occasional thing. The ciggarette however is an everyday thing. I threw out the cigs . I am thinking about blocking/ deleting any dealers number . I plan on flushing the adderall tonight . I’m scared . I don’t want to be weak and I so desperately want to be 100% clean .

1 Like

And this weekend I’m staying home I have to study . I feel like my lifestyle contradicts its self. I’m actually very athletic I’m in the gym 5-6 days a week I eat super healthy and then I mess it up with this nonsense. Can some one give me advice or some kind of direction on helpful things I can do to start this process.

And all of this drug use began with my obsession to look a certain way .

Thank you. Any helpful tip in making progress is greatly appreciated.

Yes it’s when I go out to a social event and I am with certain friends . Once i get tipsy this little devil comes out and wants to do uppers.
I like staying home it keeps me out of trouble .

… some inspirational music. Helped me.
2 Likes

That’s a great song. I wonder if I can find the music to try to play on guitar… Thanks for sharing it!

1 Like

Great song ! Thank you :pray:

Absolutely :+1::+1::blush:

Hi ya and welcome. Your making the best decision of your life . I was a social drinker for a while then the coke started to creep into my life it was always after I had ap drink id turn into someone who isn’t me… id then be hungover for a few days then weekend came and the drink and drugs would pop back into my life … then slowly I started drinking more in the week… then more drugs came alone over a space of 20 years I ended up on crack and heroin… if only I knew what I now know… please keep away from the social circle I’m not saying they r bad people but u deserve better in life . Good luck x

1 Like

Hi Zen, first you are awesome for recognizing your illness. You allready used the word obsession. Some of my fellows in NA call our disease “the disease of more” doesn’t matter in what area of life being moderate is an issue for me as well.

The best advise I got when I went to treatment was to join the NA program. And if I read your posts this could help.
I did went to a clinic for a day treatment it was 10 days and thought me all on addiction as a disease and now NA is the way I stay sober.

Please search “Roadmap to recovery” on this forum. It will inform you on what your mind and body will be going true the coming period of early abstinence.

There is one thing I’d like to suggest. You seem like an all or nothing type of person. Ask yourself this. Which addiction is the most destructive on you. The answer is probably substanceabuse. I would be so frank to advise you to “choose your battles” and maybe keeping the cigg is the least of your worries kicking the booze aderol and cocaïne.

There is this one quote which pops in my head reading you. “we did not get addicted in 1 day, so take it slow and be patient”

1 Like