My first week on my SOBER JOURNEY!

Y’all! I did it! My very first week with not one drop of alcohol. I am one week “sober” today!
It feels so good. I can’t remember the last time I went 7 entire days without a drink. I think the answer is… Not since I’ve been 21… So 10 years. Wow. I dont know if that’s sad or what.

I have noticed I can taste food better, almost in a whole new way! Sex even feels more intense. Everything. Its such a shame we lived any parts of our lives not feeling anything 100%.

Thinking of all of you & hoping your having another day without a drink! You can do it.

Kaitlin

9 Likes

Congratulations yay feels great doesn’t it​:+1::raised_hands::clap:

1 Like

Great job, keep at it!

1 Like

That’s everything but sad!! Congrats keep it up!! For me 2 more days and I will be there too. We can do it!!

1 Like

Yes you totally can! And yes I can! How do you feel?

Thank you so much.

Yes it does! I had some horrible news today and without the strength of wanting to get sober, I would have just head to a bar. Instead I read, took a bath, did a face mask & played outside with my dog.

3 Likes

It’s a wonderful feeling, isn’t it,be prepared and ready for the not so good days there the ones that really show us what were made of I’m so happy your feeling great within yourself and I hope you carry in to learn new ways to live free from addiction

3 Likes

Congratulations! That is a great achievement. Keep going and many more days will follow

1 Like

This is amazing! Congratulations! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

1 Like

I had horrible news today. I went to the ENT doctor (ear, nose, throat) and I have sla Polyp on my vocal chord. I’m a singer. I have to go on vocal rest & they have me on a steroid. I am so scared for some reason my brain goes to “what if I never sing again?” My sponsor said that’s just the alcohol withdrawal talking that our brains lead us to the worst possible let scenario. On a day that I would’ve gone out to drink, I didn’t. I took a bath, read a couple Chapters in the AA Big Book, did a face mask, played in the yard with my dog & and watched a movie. I’m just so depressed right now. I’m going to get some rest & continue my journey, without drinking, tomorrow. But fuck, this is tough news. I feel hopeless. I had horrible news today. I went to the ENT doctor (ear, nose, throat) and I have sla Polyp on my vocal chord. I’m a singer. I have to go on vocal rest & they have me on a steroid. I am so scared for some reason my brain goes to “what if I never sing again?” My sponsor said that’s just the alcohol withdrawal talking that our brains lead us to the worst possible let scenario. On a day that I would’ve gone out to drink, I didn’t. I took a bath, read a couple Chapters in the AA Big Book, did a face mask, played in the yard with my dog & and watched a movie. I’m just so depressed right now. I’m going to get some rest & continue my journey, without drinking, tomorrow. But fuck, this is tough news. I feel hopeless.

2 Likes

Bad news is shit at the best of times but when we’re early days into recovery and we get bad news it hits us like a train but please trust me when I say these are the days that makes us stronger in our recovery ,the days where we would useally grab for our doc BC we don’t want to deal with the news we have been given,but today we have to live life on life’s terms and yes us tough but all you can do is keep doing what you are doing so your appt take advise and learn that mwe can do this without having to pick up to deal with it great to hear that you are looking after yourself keep on going IL be following your journey

Today not so bad!! It’s always a little bit rough in the morning but soon as the day is started, energy kicks in!! Thanks to ask. And you?

Happy for your first week sober!! Congratulations to you!! And sorry to hear about the polyp. Keeping your focus on today may be hard, but it does keep us from worrying about stuff out of our control. Today is literally the only day we have, so if we can concentrate on today and make it a good day, we win. :heart:

Of course I have a hard time always doing this too…but something to strive for.

1 Like

Congrats I hit a week lastnight. It feels great huh?!?!?!

2 Likes