My Friday Night was Tough

OMG!!! Last night was so hard. I was so used to getting off from work on a Friday buying a beer for on the way home. Then right before I got home stopping for some Vodka. Then drinking my Friday away to the point of blacking out. Oh! Then waking up on Saturday and having the worst hangover. I would stay in bed all day. And sometimes if I had two bottles of vodka my hangover would continue until Sunday. This had been my routine for at least the past year. Then while working from home the last 7 weeks I began to drink more and more. I finally got fed up. Im tired of wasting days laying in bed because I was hungover. This decision is alot harder than I thought. Last night was tough but here it is Saturday morning and NO hangover and that feels AWESOME!!!

15 Likes

Yay! Good for you Jess!

2 Likes

Good job, be very proud of yourself. It gets better and yes it is a very tough decision and such a rewarding one. You’re a strong person for choosing this route keep pushing it’s a blessing I promise

6 Likes

hello and welcome, your right it’s not easy but it’s definitely worth it, well done on your first sober Friday night. :v:

4 Likes

You know that’s a start. One day at a time. I think everyone has it in them to want a better life. Wanting to change for the better just comes down to how bad you want to change. Some people don’twant it that bad so they relapse. i know you are not that person, you got this baby steps all the way till you feel like you don’t need it to survive anymore. Good luck with everything.

2 Likes

Hi guys
Me and my partner have decided to go sober as I was pretty much in the same situation as jess I would drink all Friday night then call everyone in my phone list talking drunk talk then feeling guilty about it in the morning dreading looking at who I have called on my phone
So no more I have downloaded the app and I am gonna stay sober

1 Like