My head is trying to get me to a pub,And it's hard,

My head keeps telling me “it will be okay just to go out for one night”, It’s only day 4, And i keep fighting with myself, It feels like cravings and withdrawal moods, I don’t know if it’s normal, But it’s hard not to get in the car and going to a pub,Feels like I’m missing out on so much, I know it sounds stupid,

2 Likes

Maybe get in the car go to a meeting they will help wish you well

10 Likes

I have to think it through to the end; drinking one too many, getting home, the hangover alone keeps me from doing it. AND you’ll feel mad at yourself tomorrow.

6 Likes

Unfortunately there are no place where i stay that has meetings, My support structure is on here,

1 Like

Can you look online for some to listen to?

2 Likes

I have tried but it feels a bit awkward, So i use this meditation app, It takes me through my day, When i feel bad it allocates me the right “teaching or meditation tips” to listen to, It does help sometimes,:blush:

4 Likes

I am a fan of guided meditation! It helps me so much with my anxiety. Can you put on something to listen to and retrain your brain? Day 4 is still early and your brain is fighting hard!! Don’t give in. The moods are legit. It’s totally normal to be moody, craving, angry and lonely. Have you had enough water today and have you eaten well? Those things always help me.

6 Likes

It’s a stunning app, It helps me a lot, Helps me by focusing my mind on other things, And when i feel cravings i just put my earphones in and i find the first thing i can find, And it always helps me to focus and use my mind to do something better then i use to do, It’s when i get in contact with friends or see pictures of them at places then i feel like i want to give in, So i have cut a lot of people off the last 4 days, Because they will not understand and also they have been the reason i have been out almost every night, So I’m still trying, I drink a lot of water and i eat healthy as well,

5 Likes

What app is it? I’m always up for trying something new. I’ve been using Simple Habit. It’s great for my anxiety. If you can get off social media for a while (maybe the first 2 weeks) so you don’t see as many pictures that might help. Just a suggestion. Stay strong!

3 Likes

I whole heartedly recommend “the 30 day alcohol experiment” it is free . It’s by Annie Grace the author of THIS NAKED MIND which you will find recommended on here a lot. You sign up online and then you get a daily email lesson that then takes you to a link with a video lesson or information video, I’m on now on day 39 sober and I can from the bottom of my heart tell you it has changed my life. My whole mindset and perception of things has shifted dramatically. Just give it a go with an open mind. You literally have nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain. Wishing you luck and Love

![heart.png](file:///heart.png)

8 Likes

The app is also Simple Habbit, Love it!! I have deleted all my social media platforms, It’s time that i try and build a new me, So it was easy to sacrifice for a bigger picture, Thank you🙂

2 Likes

Thank you, I am gonna try it, I appreciate the help, like you say i have nothing to lose, :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Would love to know how you get on. Just have an open mind and give it time :blush:

1 Like

As others have replied, the obvious alternative is to hit a mtg. instead. If u just want to get out, walk or drive somewhere u haven’t been before. Recovery requires taking a new direction for positive change. If u go to the pub, it will be backpedaling as we always to until we work step 1 perfectly, admitting to our inner most selves that we are mentally and physically different than non- addicts/alcoholics.

1 Like

Yes!! Build a NEW and IMPROVED YOU!! That Simple Habit app has been so great for me the last few weeks. Keep using it!! Check in here and keep us updated.

1 Like

I appreciate the support, I also fight with myself around the house, The support group i have is this app, And it has really helped me realize that it’s okay to say i have a problem, And also not feel embarrassed about it, I was most afraid of that, Thanks for the support :facepunch:

3 Likes

I will keep you guys updated, I really am trying, Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

The other thing I’ve really learned on here is that most of the time if you can just get yourself to WAIT the cravings pass and the crazy thoughts subside and things are better. Hang in there. You’re doing great.

1 Like

It is understandable that you feel as though you are missing out on something. That is normal. You are not missing anything, life goes on. People have a tendency to make “night outs” sound so epic. They really aren’t. Instead of burning brain cells, try using them by reading or just learning. Stay busy. Cleaning is a good distraction.

Thank you, I am gonna try and get some rest, Tomorrow morning go for a walk on the beach and challenge myself to make it to day 5, :pray::heart: And maybe just hoot at someone for no reason :joy:

5 Likes