My journey on becoming Sober from Marijuana!

Hey everyone I’m new here, I have been a big Marijuana smoker for almost 17 years, I started when I was 16 I’m now about to turn 34 soon, I’ve tried over and over again, as I’ve gotten older to limit my use to it because just like everything in life it has its Pros & Cons, and so many people try to be little weed likes it’s Gods gift, in which it is if used properly with discipline, but for me i slowed my intake down as the years have gone on but so I went different paths with it such as Smoking Oil and Edibles, only to be still stagnant, Its caused me to procrastinate in every aspect of my life, especially my goals, dreams, and relationships. So now in my life I’m a week clean, I have a very good daily routine to keep me occupied and focused, I’m curious if there are others out there who can relate, I would love to hear back from you! God bless.

16 Likes

i struggle with cannabis too. started at 14 for fun,became a heavy smoker at 16 and now i’m 20 (21 in august) and i am trying my best to quit. it’s really difficult, especially because where i live smoking pot is pretty normal and “cool”… but for me it caused so many problems. i enjoy being high but there are many side effects: the munchies (worst thing ever if ur a bulimic like me) , spending all the money i had available, wasting time, skipping uni classes, failing exams… so yes i really want to quit now. i still smoke tobacco but for now i am focusing on sobriety and my bulimia recovery. once i get used to it, i will attempt quitting tobacco as well

4 Likes

Hi Nathan and Aly 54 yr old guy from Amsterdam here who started smoking pot and hash at 14. Took me 35 years to totally quit. Years after it stopped being fun actually. I really just got paranoid and tired from it in the end but the habit was strong. And I build myself a drinking problem in the meantime too. Anyhow, congrats to you both on recognizing your cannabis use is problematic in your lives and deciding to do something about it! Quitting isn’t easy to start with but it is very much worth the trouble. Life without drugs is better and how and why you’ll find out soon enough if you hang in there. This site has been very helpful for me, hope it can be for you too. You’re not alone. Success!

6 Likes

I appreciate your testimony! It’s a blessing that your still so young and you realize it’s a serious problem, I can see how bulimia can play a part if your marijuana use, stay strong! I use a natural herbal substance called ‘Cannitrol’ to help me with the withdrawal process, it’s very helpful, only thing I didnt like about it is it’s a appetite killer for the munchies as well, so during the emotional part of withdrawing it was hard to eat like I normally do, so I only use it when i really have cravings to smoke and cant control the urge, it helps to kill that urge! Stay encouraged! Renewing your mind is where the change truly begins.

2 Likes

I appreciate your story! That’s motivation knowing life with out drugs is so much more satisfying because all the fun is over! Thank you for the encouragement!

3 Likes

day 66 here and I still miss it but its about what do we want more, I love having motivation, money health and confidence. I’m doing things I wouldn’t of even thought about doing bc it would have meant getting of my arse and talking to people. Stay with us, read and share lots. I wish you well.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you for sharing! I’m looking forward to my day 66! Stay encouraged!

1 Like

Bro… 198 days off cannabis right here.
Can relate to the whole standstill in life you describe.
In 6 months my life has taken a turn for the better. People are happy with me (mostly)
Contact with baby mom is much more stable.
And I can coop with the sour bits of life sober as well.

I’d really suggest you get in to this informed. Don’t “just not use” get informed.
and for me NA Fellowship is my cornerstone together with this place. Also watch “the Roadmap to Recovery” ASAP you can find it on this forum if you search for it. It’s a 45 min bit on the proces your brain goes through the coming months

My biggest tool is Honesty. I am honest about what I can without hurting anyone. Therefore no more secrets in life that’s a burdon which I let behind.

Writing the steps in NA (reflection tool) teaches me why I needed to numb my pain and emotions. Right now in really hefty pains I coop with anger. But I recognize it and in calmth I can apologize for lashing and because of the honesty people can bare with me.

Please be aware recovery isn’t always fun… Neither was using :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you for that! I’m going to take your advice, your testimony is very helpful.

1 Like

Glad to be of service bro, feel free to shoot questions this way no worries!

1 Like

An hour left until my first 24 hours completely abstinent from weed. Honestly your stories are all so inspiring. I’m glad I decided to join this community.

4 Likes

I’m glad your here :pray:t2:

1 Like

Just checkin, how are you bro??

Well done on your day one. It’s where we all started my friend, I’m now day 72 and can’t believe I can say it, wealthy and healthy, turns out all them people I used to think were staring at me in the shops really were but now I don’t care :joy: :joy: :joy:.

2 Likes

Nah… You still paranoid Paul :rofl:

Yeah but in a good way, once I used to think I looked stoned now I think I look good :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Watch the ego there bud :smirk:
No fck this we look Hella good :sunglasses:

2 Likes

lost that ego ages ago, wasn’t doing me any good, now I’m working with the facts, or dreaming. :joy:

2 Likes

Ego is the one thing that thrives us in so many ways I can’t believe I wasn’t aware Untill I started to discover some spirituality.

I need to sleep now… Ego is worn out.

Have a good night Paul!

1 Like

I can’t wait to make it to day 72. Honestly, keeping my mind off of it by actually leaving the house has been really helpful. I can’t tell yet if my body just thinks we’re out of money (we’re not) and will be getting some in a day or so, or if I’m actually making progress, if that makes any sense lolz.

2 Likes