My life is about to change drastically

Im approaching 10 days of sobriety and over the last week and a half I have made decisions that will affect my life greatly. I am moving into a sober living house on Monday that is 75 miles away from my home, and honestly, I’m nervous as hell. I feel so lonely. I’m craving a drink so bad. I know that if I act on my craving, pandoras box will open up all over again and that scares the hell out of me. I need help. I’m positive about working the program this time, but right now is so rough. Does anyone have any advice?

8 Likes

I am so pumped that you are taking the first few steps and are going to live in a sober home. Surrounding yourself with others that have the same mindset is extremely important! Wish you luck man

3 Likes

I went through a supportive living program which is very similar to a sober living house. It had some drawbacks but all in all it was one of the best things I ever did for myself.

2 Likes

Robert, I am a resident manager here at a sober living facility in Northern California. Rest assured you are doing right for yourself by moving in to a clean and sober lliving environment. You will have the support and structure that many of us needed to begin life a new, clean and sober. We are all proud of you for taking that step of embracing a program of sobriety. Take it easy on yourself my friend. Be patient, and kind to yourself. I promise life does get better clean and sober. Sometimes slowly at first. It’s important for you to stay in the here-and-now. Focus on one day at a time, even one hour at a time, It might take at times one breath at a time to stay clean and sober but I know this is something that you want and can do in your life. Again I promise life will get better if you’re willing… Congratulations Robert, remember to be kind to yourself today and God bless.

9 Likes

Thank you for the words of encouragement. Reading through alot of these posts has helped alot.

3 Likes