My love/hate relationship with alcohol

When I first met your fire it was love at first sight, at first taste, at first drunken haze.
I forgot all my woes all my fears, my doubts and apprehension. I was free, so I thought, from all of life’s tension.
I didn’t care about yesterday, or fear the uncertain tomorrow. I was living in the “now” on freedom I borrowed.
But in the fine print were a thousand sorrows…

It started out fun, exciting, and new. The confidence you gave me, my security grew.
I knew you were for me and I was for you. Forever I’d be faithful, you’d never be untrue.
Slowly it shifted from choice to a need, a driving inside an insatiable greed. I needed you more than you needed me. I wanted your relief, you could make me free.
But every time I trusted you, you pushed me to my knees.

Violently you ravaged every fiber of my soul, angrily you beat me to a bloody fucking pulp.
Your blows came down upon me like savage angry waves, pushing me deeper and deeper till life and breath were far away.
I was desperate now to leave you, the life I let you rape, but every time I tried you slammed the door,there’s no escape.

Weak and beaten, raw and bare, I layed down to die.
Frozen in my helpless state I could not even cry.
Emptiness is all I felt, nothing…
blackness…
void.
I could not even lift my head, the pain i could not avoid.
It’s over now, you’ve won this war. you took me captive, Now I’m your whore.

And just as you were about to shut the door, a savior came and shouted “no more!”
“No more will you ravaged and steal and bite!” thrusting in my hand a sword he screamed, “now stand and fight!” He lifted my arms and raised up my head, whispered in my ear, “don’t stop till it’s dead.” Pushing me onward I now felt true strength. Leading me forward raising my rank. I now fight along side him the one I once loved, its evil twisted ways exposed from above.
I can never go back or be with you again. I’m saying goodbye you were never my friend.

26 Likes

Thank you Rosey! I loved it. You are quite the writer. It could be a song.

Thank you. Now if only I could rap… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That was fantastic! Haha, I wish you would rap while doing people’s hair. That would make a great YouTube video!

1 Like

I love it!

1 Like

Haha! I can’t even walk and chew gum. I’d screw someone’s hair up for sure.

Okay, I take it back. Bad idea! LOL

1 Like

That’s awesome @Rosey :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well said, well written, you have a great gift @Rosey

1 Like

Thanks @Rosey that’s really inspiring

1 Like

Thanks y’all! It’s quite cathartic for me.

Wow! That is so poignant and accurate! I can relate to EVERY line!

Well done.

1 Like

Good stuff pal!! The fantacy nerd in me got this vision of you and a great King in bloody armor. Surrounded by some goblin hoard. The king hands you his sword and says “don’t stop till it’s dead”.

Ha, that’s where you took me this morning :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Love it x very well put

1 Like

Haha that is awesome. Pretty close to what I was picturing myself.

1 Like

YES! YES! YES! I definitely think about sobriety as an epic quest. Some days it’s “make the epic ride to the next hill.” Other days it’s “there, an enemy army. SAVE THE VILLAGE!” And others it’s breaking into the castle and rescuing the amazingly beautiful, wise, stong, sexy princess. Haha, yup!

1 Like

What a powerful experience to be able to tell a story of bondage that ends with freedom!

1 Like