My Memory... And memories

As I sit here eating dinner I just made, im thinking about how i want a beer as I watch my fiance drink one that I picked up for him earlier. I think to myself, im 13 days in, but I can have one… I know I’m capable of having just one, I’ve proved that to myself in the past. I’ve also reset my clock before, many times. Then my fiance asks me about a specific thing someone said during a conversation yesterday, and I was able to remember what it was. I actually remembered something that usually I wouldnt have had I been drinking. And then I thought back to all the times I’ve not been able to remember all the details, the specifics, the things that make our lives full… What a waste of amazing memories I could have been making sober.

Guess all I am saying is, I don’t want a beer anymore. And it’s pretty monumental for me to have the ability to control my thought process in regards to drinking. I wanted to document it for the next time it happens so I can come here and remind myself, although I think the next time I will come to the resolution even quicker.

11 Likes