My name is Lola. I'm a recovering alcoholic

That’s amazing good for you! Thanks for sharing your story

1 Like

What a powerful story! This should be required reading for newcomers.

Where are you from in PA? I’m living in Pittsburgh.

Pocono Mountains!

1 Like

You can break the cycle

Wow! What an inspiring story. Congratulations.

1 Like

When you turn “why is this happening to me?” into “what can I learn from this” self pity can’t fester and pull you down.

WOW. This is great. Thank you so much for sharing your story. You will surely be helping someone with your words.

3 Likes

Amazing, well done. Allot of character to bounce back.

Very kind of you to say. Thank you.

Very cool, I wish you a lifetime of sobriety.

1 Like

I’ve had a lifetime of alcoholism. Can i also have a lifetime of sobriety? I hope so. Thanks for your kind wishes. The best to you also.

1 Like

Thank you for this. I needed to hear it today

Helping out others who are struggling is what recovery is all about. I certainly have more experience than needed and it’s useful now. But before i got sober, i was the most defiant drunk ever. I was never going to stop because i like booze.Taking the poison out of our bodies is the first step. Alcohol changes how our brains work. Years of futile efforts to control my drinking ended in failure and blackouts. Wasted years fighting this thing the wrong way left me broken and suicidal. And now, as i get well i feel less broken, and I try to help other alcohols see that they can have a better life too. Because when the less broken can help the more broken… miracles happen. love lola

3 Likes