My name is Trevor and I’m an alcoholic and a drug addict

Im glad you are here and getting back in the sober saddle. Im also happy you can eat today. You can do this! A shower can do wonders. I should take my suggestion and take one.:grinning: Im at 28 days sober.

5 Likes

congrats on 28 days… that is so awesome. to be honest i forgot about taking a shower. my water does not get hot and im afraid to even try. but i need to wash my hair as its turning in to dredlocks pretty quickly.

1 Like

Thanks! Hang in there!

1 Like

Hope you are hanging in there. I’m only on day 3 but I know I want this to last a lifetime. It has to. All the best and one day at a time :muscle:

3 Likes

Take care of yourself Trevor, I have found love and comfort here, I feel understood, I have read many stories that are helping me, I have laughed and cried, but take care of yourself, write here all your thoughts and fears, many wonderful people are ready to answer you, i know what it means to suffer from anxiety, because it’s one of the many reasons that led me to drink, i’m in my first week, there are ups and downs, but our monsters can’t always win, we have to fight :heart:hug from Italy :people_hugging: Denise.

3 Likes

How ya doing this morning? @Bluekoolaid

3 Likes

I’m hanging in there. I had a difficult conversation with my dad. But I’m trying to understand he loves me and he’s giving me the tough love. I try to explain why I go back to pills and vodka but they just don’t understand. I feel ashamed for myself for begging them to let me back in to their house. But they pretty much told me I’m on my own. Not sure what I’m going to do. I think I’ll be OK. I just gotta get through today. How are you doing? Hope you’re having a good morning. Thank you for reaching back

4 Likes

Stay on here it helps me so much, and one day at a time much love :muscle:

1 Like

This place really does help. More than words can describe. Hope you’re doing good. Hope you’re having a good day. God bless

Maybe you guys can make a contract: you commit to going back to rehab/daily NA meetings/something along those lines, as a condition for them letting you stay? It would be a measurable condition and they might feel less out of control and like you’re pulling your weight also. Maybe an idea…

1 Like

They actually suggested something similar. They talked about me going back to detox and doing residential for 30 or 60 days and then possibly I can come back home. I’m really scared to commit to that. But it seems like what I have to do. I think staying at a homeless shelter won’t really help me. It won’t really help my addiction. Thank you for even suggesting that. And I hear you. I really do

5 Likes

Nice to meet you, Trevor. Welcome to our community. You are in a good place here. My name is Bill, and i am an alcoholic. Been sober 1 year and 122 days so far. I just want you to know that the first 30 days of sobriety are always the toughest. That’s just normal for all of us. Relapses will happen, too, but don’t beat yourself up. Just climb back on that horse (or motorcycle, if you prefer) and keep trying. By your testimonial, it sounds to me like you are taking all the right measures to heal. You seem to have a good support system, too. Your roommate seems like a real pal to help you out until you get back on your feet. And of course, now you have us! Anyway, keep fighting the good fight and stay strong, Sir. You’ve got this. :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you for the positive words. This is not my first rodeo. I’ve been here before. I think I know what I need to do but I admit I need help from other people. I can’t do this alone. Thank you for reaching out. And I really appreciate the positive words. Thank you so much. Hope you’re having a good day or night wherever you live. Thank you… I’ve been staying locked on this site for the last day or so. Because it helps so much. I think I need to keep doing that. For the long run

1 Like

Examine this fear. What are you afraid of, exactly? Play it out: I’m afraid of X because if X then Y because if Y then Z etc etc until you reach the end.
When we string these fears together we can reach a point where we can intervene. Where a fear finally appears so grande and unlikely that we can rid ourselves of it, or come up w the courage to face it.

3 Likes

You really have a way with words. Thank you. This made me laugh. But I think that’s good. And I really understood what you’re saying. Thank you so much. Because how can I get from point a to point B I can do this by making the right decision. It’s pretty clear what I need to do

1 Like

Yes indeed, this does help. I agree. I haven’t actually attended an AA meeting in person in several months, but between this app, my Higher Power, and my friends and family, I’m managing to stay level.

1 Like

Oh yeah. This app is amazing. Thank God for this. I wouldn’t worry about not attending AA … That will be there for you when you’re ready. I have so much love for AA. I can very much relate To the big Book. There is so many good lessons and stories that I can relate to. Especially the stories at the end of the book. I can relate

Yes, yes…agreed again. I remember scoring myself a copy of Big Book from a used book shop for eight bucks. The person who owned it before wrote on the pages and jotted notes throughout. I actually thought that was kinda neat, though, because I got to see another person’s journey with alcoholism…almost like he or she was sharing their story with me.

2 Likes

I cant complain. Working my program daily.

1 Like

This is a total sidepoint here, but I really dig the handle you picked: Blue Koolaid. That sounds like a cool name for a band. Seriously. :sunglasses:

1 Like